Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

Agreed, I just need to learn better how they work, and I really just need better monitoring and measuring devices. I have one of those small 3 in 1 meters I used before in soil. Cheap little tool, but that actually helps a lot. Plus, then I know better when I have to water plants as well.

It's so strange not measuring stuff or really doing much of anything besides filling humidifier...the plants look pretty nice too. Maybe not monsters, but I don't need monsters. Quality plants with little to no hassle is fine with me. BioTabs system is interesting for sure. It may be by new, and only style of growing. I will use their products in my outdoor organic garden as well.

Hope all is well for you man. Those ladies look sweet, Glueberry OG is legit, resin packed smoke. Completely different kind of herb than the ANQ. Her calyx structure is quite different as well. You shall see soon!

here: xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlM5uvO7sao its a 6 part videos by @growmau5. :)

IMG_2271.JPG
Day 14 Update MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs grow "The Flavor Chase":shooty:

What a difference two days makes...only the little CDLC x SS still isn't happy. Turned off the cob over her as she seems very light sensitive. Not giving up on her though.:bighug:

IMG_2272.JPG

She is shying away even from the light beside her. Let's give her a little less light and see how she responds.:thumbsup:

IMG_2273.JPG

Orange Biscuit looks like she will be sweet. As do most of them right now...let's see some more of her sisters shall we...

IMG_2274.JPG

Sour Livers is ready to go and looks happy in her spot in the tent under the big light, the true 125w double cob 3000K. This light can grow super dope, but the double cobs being so close makes for hot spots right under her and I have to be careful at this stage. You can even see the leaves a little angled towards that hot spot as the tist a little to avoid the full intensity.

:holymoly:

IMG_2275.JPG

Purple Nuggets is looking strong. Should be some dank stuff. According to all who grew her, she will be short and bushy...just how I like em.:grrr2:

IMG_2276.JPG

PineApple Express also starting to settle into her spot. Looking better each day.:king:

IMG_2277.JPG

Gorilla Glue gets into her groove..."me Gorilla Glue, me look good":paleo:

Color looking good on all except the runt, but she will be fine. Environment is steady now.

Temps around 26 to 27C
RH around 50 to 60%
Good circulation.
Today they were watered each about 1.5l and I think I could have added another liter easy. Going to have to check on schedule and see what I can do. They are drying up relatively fast IMO.

IMG_2278.JPG

Nice little head level shot of the girls. :photog:

IMG_2279.JPG

The Purple Monster :tonic: doing her thing.

IMG_2280.JPG

Here is the little 3 in 1 monitor. It helps actually and allows me to better monitor hot spots or when I need to water the girls.

Nice little tool for cheap.

Thanks for popping in. It's always a long story here in the ManCave, but I hope you are all enjoying the ride so far. Take care...
:love:

Excellent information on your posts, Med! This is going to be great reference for you and anyone who wants to grow organic. Great detail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mini Update...:pop:

Was told to use a watering guide by an experienced grower in soil indoors many years ago, and I think I am fine, but I did add another 3/4l or so to each plant. Once they get larger, I will add about 3.5l every 3 to 5 days for my 15l pots, that works out right. One quarter the pot size every 2 to 4 days was the old timers rule or one third the pot size weekly for really lazy guys. That actually works, because that is what I use on my house plants, and I never have issues with them.:smoker1:

Anyway, just keeping records straight. Today each plant received a total of about 2.25l filtered tap water at about 68-70C. Water meter just came up to right in the middle,...perfect. :thumbsup:

Temps on water when feeding in soil. Some say cooler and some warmer. At around 70C, I will start putting filtered water in buckets in tent so they heat up to around 75-77C. I have heard it would be good to keep soil temps around 75, air at 80.

Any thoughts from you growers out there in this subject and maybe a little background?...let's hear what you guys have to say.

Well..., after using meter to check light at canopy, I made another adjustment and ended up moving all lights to their maximum height. The actual position these plants seem to like these lights versus what the specs were are not even close.

I am now at nearly 1.4 meters lights to soil, the plants are alert and happy, and that's all that matters. I always tell peopl to grow the plants in front of you, not what the books says.

The next photos will be nice. They are really starting to go now!

Coming soon...

After going back through my records and all my troubles I have had with light since switching to LED, I finally discovered where the error has been all along.

I ordered a light from CF Grow that is rated at 400w, with double Cree 3070 chips, with true watts being 120-125. The height recommendation was 80cm to 100cm in veg and can do a 2 x 3' area and 40 to 60cm in flower and can do a 2 x 2' area.

Problem is, that is not the actual rating for the light I HAVE, which apparently was the UPGRADED version. More powerful driver and acrylic lenses. This light has height recommendations of 1.2-1.5 meters in veg and does a 3 x 4' area, and 60-80 cm and does a 2 x 3' area.:doh:

Thank God I had that light in the corner so it wouldn't fry everything, but that was why I was fighting hotspots all over from this light. :yoinks:

Long story short, I turned all other lights off, centered this light in the tent and it has been like that for the last fifteen hours or so. Plants are looking more relaxed and already some more sheen and glow has come back to the leaves. You could see the dull color was the plant using its defense systems to block the extra UV and light they were getting. That already started to change and they look nicer, and there is more shine on the new growth.

Update coming soon...:thanks:

Update Day 16 MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs grow "The Flavor Chase":shooty:

Ok, so hopefully you are caught up. Too many hot spots caused by my ignorance and idiocy. Now we have everything sorted. That was the issue in this tent since switching to LED.

All ladies were showing some sort of light stress, but we saved them early, so they will be fine. I am extremely picky and expect more from myself. I am really upset I let this light sabotage my last three or four grows. :cuss:

Light is now set at 150cm from soil, most plants are around 20 or so cm tall. Growth stunted from light, but still relatively healthy. Here they are...

IMG_2284.JPG

Like I said, they still look relatively good, but you will see if you look close, the light stress on each one.:yoinks:

IMG_2285.JPG

The poor little runt, the CDLS x SS was really effected, but new growth looking already better in one day nearly. So I think she will recover into something.

IMG_2286.JPG

Sour Livers is looking much better. The new growth looks shiny and healthy. Nice bright green. :frog:
Under growth is behind due to light stress, but she will make full recovery for sure now that lights are good.

IMG_2287.JPG

Orange Biscuit. If you look close, you will see multiple signs if light stress, but again she will be fine now, just a little stressed and stunted on the under growth. I am sure she is happy to have a balanced spectrum on her now.:yay:

IMG_2288.JPG

PineApple Express looks nice, but is clearly stressed in many of her leaves. Her stems were also more red, but have now relaxed to a very light pink color, and only a few spots still showing prior stress. According to my light meter, I am only around 300 ppfd, which should be fine for now. I wouldn't like them to be up to 600 by second week in flower and 700 to 800 in full bloom.

Next up...
IMG_2289.JPG

Gorilla Glue also showing light stress, but should make full recovery. Hopefully they will forgive me, and we can all get along now.:bighug:

Plants seem happier for sure.

IMG_2290.JPG

Purple Nuggets showing stress, but she faired the best with much more under growth, as she was farthest away from the monster light that tried to kill everyone and is now vegging the entire tent alone, easily at 1.5 meters from the soil bro! That's a long ways away, but the meter reads fine.

Also saving big money only using 120w to veg six plants. All plants inside a 2 x 4' area, well within the lights specs for this height it would actually do 3 x 5 nearly. I could fit three more plant seeds in here...

IMG_2291.JPG

Still a long way to go, but let's hope the light change will allow them to explode soon. I need undergrowth to start training these ladies.

Thanks for stopping in. Things should get interesting now for sure. :pass:

The BioTabs system is great, I have had no issues with that at all. Plants looks super in that regards, only the light issue was one thing slowing them down.

I am not seeing the stress, but you have a much better view. I’m they look very healthy from my screen! I am glad you caught it before it became more apparent! Great job with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back