Mars removed the IR and UV chips on the FC series?????
fc-6500_led_grow_light_mars_hydro.jpg
Thats because its Borg technology..
:shrug:

Probably because the chip was NOT UV. UV spans 10nm to 400nm. their specs say the chip emitted in the 440-460 range which I believe is deep Blue.

UVA is 315-400nm

UVB is 280-315nm

UVC is 100-280nm
I didn't bother to check.

Thanks for your fair comments and suggestions @Couch_Lock . We already add more Osram red chips to our FC series lights and remove the IR and UV chips.
Mars Hydro's new series is coming soon, I bet you will love it more than the current FC series. It will be available in April in the USA
Can we get a sneak preview for what’s to come?

Thanks for your fair comments and suggestions @Couch_Lock . We already add more Osram red chips to our FC series lights and remove the IR and UV chips.
Mars Hydro's new series is coming soon, I bet you will love it more than the current FC series. It will be available in April in the USA
If you ever need any testers...

Mars removed the IR and UV chips on the FC series?????
fc-6500_led_grow_light_mars_hydro.jpg
Yes, the FC 6500 lights we produced in Feb, already no IR and UV lights, they are in sea shipping now, once they arrived at our warehouses, we will change the product specs. FC 3000 and FC 4800 lights still with.

Anymore info on the new lights. And it looks like the statement about removing IR and Far Red has raised some eyebrows, maybe some clarification there.
The new lights, name, and appearance are related to the FC series, also Samsung chips. But it with better evenly PPFD chart distribution than any Mars Hydro lights, this design is the secret. Before we formally released it, we can't public this info now.

Yes, the reason why we remove the IR and UV lights in FC6500 light. Because FC 6500 lights are for large area home growers and commercial cultivation, the growers mostly focus more on yields, they will add extra IR and UV light, they need to control the IR and UV light time. We will supply independent IR and UV light in the near future.

Probably because the chip was NOT UV. UV spans 10nm to 400nm. their specs say the chip emitted in the 440-460 range which I believe is deep Blue.

UVA is 315-400nm

UVB is 280-315nm

UVC is 100-280nm
Mars Hydro light, the UV is the UVA, each light only 4-8 units UVA diodes.

UV-A and UV-B must be timer controlled, they can't be run non stop. If Mars can figure out how to incorporate the UV cycles to come on for 15 minute intervals every 12 hours of light or so that would be fantastic.

I believe (I could be wrong) that too much UV light is detrimental to plant cellular health. Small amounts, in short time periods, is quite beneficial.

Back