UV-A and UV-B must be timer controlled, they can't be run non stop. If Mars can figure out how to incorporate the UV cycles to come on for 15 minute intervals every 12 hours of light or so that would be fantastic.

I believe (I could be wrong) that too much UV light is detrimental to plant cellular health. Small amounts, in short time periods, is quite beneficial.
I just spoke with gavita about their uv bar addition, it’s meant to run 12hrs with the main light.

@damien50 thinks because it’s only 30w it is low enough to do so.

the sun runs uv all day and weed grows outside.

I don’t understand everything but that’s where I’m at on uv

Last edited:
Could be, FC.

Its hard to correlate the sun to artificial lighting......distances, intensity, etc.

I wouldn't want to water inside a tent with constant UV lighting though.....somebody should do a study on those Gavita's and human life span, lol.

The new lights, name, and appearance are related to the FC series, also Samsung chips. But it with better evenly PPFD chart distribution than any Mars Hydro lights, this design is the secret. Before we formally released it, we can't public this info now.

Yes, the reason why we remove the IR and UV lights in FC6500 light. Because FC 6500 lights are for large area home growers and commercial cultivation, the growers mostly focus more on yields, they will add extra IR and UV light, they need to control the IR and UV light time. We will supply independent IR and UV light in the near future.

I don't see why higher CRI diodes couldn't be used to push the 660-730nm higher. Growers will still need independently controlled Far Red if they want to manipulate Phytochrome.

What nm range will your UV lights be sold in?

Could be, FC.

Its hard to correlate the sun to artificial lighting......distances, intensity, etc.

I wouldn't want to water inside a tent with constant UV lighting though.....somebody should do a study on those Gavita's and human life span, lol.
LOL! You never go outside?
Just get and wear some Method 7 glasses or clip on. I have a clip on set on an old set of glasses.

I blacktopped 29 yrs, I know the sun. I wore a baseball cap every day to keep sun off my face, lol.

Ever compare a native Floridian 's skin at age 50 to a New Yorker's skin at age 50?

One is all wrinkled up, one isn't.

There's the effect of UV. The other differences can't be seen, they are internal. Too much UV is no good. That is a fact.

Could be, FC.

Turn off the main light and run a 5000k high cri 90+ light. Then plant inspections are more accurate as the colors represented are truer.

I blacktopped 29 yrs, I know the sun. I wore a baseball cap every day to keep sun off my face, lol.

Ever compare a native Floridian 's skin at age 50 to a New Yorker's skin at age 50?

One is all wrinkled up, one isn't.

There's the effect of UV. The other differences can't be seen, they are internal. Too much UV is no good. That is a fact.
Oh yeah, I keep a close eye on different "parts" that were burned over the years. I've had some pretty bad burns in the past. When I was a little kid, my older adult sister was supposed to watch out for me at a lake party and I got so burned, I had big "bags" on the top of my back and shoulders. It took months for it to fully heal. Being a surfing nut when stationed in Hawaii didn't help! LOL! The sun there and in the Indian Ocean are crazy strong.

I'm pretty lucky in the wrinkle department, that doesn't bother me if I had some. I'm not very vain.

Oh yeah, I keep a close eye on different "parts" that were burned over the years. I've had some pretty bad burns in the past. When I was a little kid, my older adult sister was supposed to watch out for me at a lake party and I got so burned, I had big "bags" on the top of my back and shoulders. It took months for it to fully heal. Being a surfing nut when stationed in Hawaii didn't help! LOL! The sun there and in the Indian Ocean are crazy strong.

I'm pretty lucky in the wrinkle department, that doesn't bother me if I had some. I'm not very vain.

I got more wrinkles/wrankles on my arms and forearms then most ppl, lol.

Back