The newest Mars Hydro lights are much better then anything they produced in the past. My brother bought Mars Hydro 5 x 5 and the FC6500 in early January 2021.

Buy the FC Series. It's the best lights they have made, the question is can they hold up?

I'd say its performance in veg equalled my HLG lighting.......but so far in flower my HLG 550 V2 Rspec is blowing it away.

To Mars credit, the FC series modular design and its SPREAD is better (broader) then HLG's lights. Love the design, if I might add? I'd add more Osram for flower, and charge more $.

Last edited:
The newest Mars Hydro lights are much better then anything they produced in the past. My brother bought Mars Hydro 5 x 5 and the FC6500 in early January 2021.

Buy the FC Series. It's the best lights they have made, the question is can they hold up?

I'd say its performance in veg equalled my HLG lighting.......but so far in flower my HLG 550 V2 Rspec is blowing it away.

To Mars credit, the FC series modular design and its SPREAD is better (broader) then HLG's lights. Love the design, if I might add? I'd add more Osram for flower, and charge more $.
Thanks for your fair comments and suggestions @Couch_Lock . We already add more Osram red chips to our FC series lights and remove the IR and UV chips.
Mars Hydro's new series is coming soon, I bet you will love it more than the current FC series. It will be available in April in the USA

Hey folks, which Mars Hydro grow tent do you prefer? The regular tent or the 2in1 tent?

mars hydro grow tent.jpg

Thanks for your fair comments and suggestions @Couch_Lock . We already add more Osram red chips to our FC series lights and remove the IR and UV chips.
Mars Hydro's new series is coming soon, I bet you will love it more than the current FC series. It will be available in April in the USA
Mars removed the IR and UV chips on the FC series?????
fc-6500_led_grow_light_mars_hydro.jpg

:holymoly::nonono::what?:

The newest lights will likely beat them all, I'm waiting on those specs...

As far as tents go? I'm not a fan of 2 in 1's.........nicely designed tents I like, lots of 4 and 10 inch port holes with dual cinching (inside and out), diamond patterned reflective mylar, good tents should have nylon belts that hang from the ceiling to support exhaust systems.........oversized STRONG zippers

Hey folks, which Mars Hydro grow tent do you prefer? The regular tent or the 2in1 tent?

View attachment 1293232
For photoperiods I could see some benefits depending. I guess that would depend on space for fans and filter and Is there enough space to add a Mars light with clearance of veg plants without needing that many more fans and carbon filter for heat reasons. My 2x2x4 alone needs not only a fan but filter pulling air to keep it cool enough for seedlings. My 5 foot tall tent with an sp250 and a 3 gallon pot I got 40 inches clearance MAXIMUM. So if a plant grows 28 inches. I got 12 inches of clearance. Your 6 foot tent that gives me 24 inches if it only gets to 28 inches. Your guy's new lights are outperforming your smaller tents easily. With the lights in all 3 parts how much max clearance is their from the plants? Lets say with the TS lights because the smaller ones need like the 600 with dimmer or 1000. Size of each chamber would influence purchase as well. The dual chamber one is nice but would depend on some factors.

Twisted cookies at 49 daze old. Grown under a SP 3000. Huge colas as big as 20 oz soda bottles. Very very frosty at 49 days. Very happy with my new light!

Attachments

• IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    797.6 KB · Views: 19
Back