Why do you suggest this?
iieee your making my brain hurt. At one point I could regurgitate all the criteria and rationale behind this, but that was many smokes ago. I just remember it's a failure for all classes of electronics, 1,2 and 3. To really simplify it , the soldered terminals will break down and slip over time causing failure, intermittent failure and even a potential fire hazard. (Keep in mind this is only for screw down terminals). It's just better to spend the extra 5 cents do a proper connection or just simply not Tin them.

Without cracking open the books, I did do a quick google and I think the author here does a decent job explaining the problem.
https://reprap.org/wiki/Wire_termination_for_screw_terminals

2 Mars sp 250 is enough, I highly recommend you to use our new light SP250, It's a bar, you can put it in any shape, you can even hang it vertically

Top light

60 day 2x4 :toke:
IMAG1595.jpg

Looking good. What do ya have going on in the back right hand corner, with the band around the top of the plant ?

Cheers ,,, the mainplant in that corner is a blackberrypie and the band is just to give the top fans a break for a few hours a day, then there is two small pot plants that have returned to tent to finish off for seeds nestled beside her

iieee your making my brain hurt. At one point I could regurgitate all the criteria and rationale behind this, but that was many smokes ago. I just remember it's a failure for all classes of electronics, 1,2 and 3. To really simplify it , the soldered terminals will break down and slip over time causing failure, intermittent failure and even a potential fire hazard. (Keep in mind this is only for screw down terminals). It's just better to spend the extra 5 cents do a proper connection or just simply not Tin them.

Without cracking open the books, I did do a quick google and I think the author here does a decent job explaining the problem.
https://reprap.org/wiki/Wire_termination_for_screw_terminals
Yep absolutely spot on brother :d5:
If only we worked for a multi national lighting company lol!!
The video in question has been taken down from their website now :shrug:

It wouldn't pay well, I'd rather own it :biggrin:

I hear Mars SP-150 or TS1000's are standard consulting fee's, is this true Tina ? :bighug:

Last edited:

I just read they now suggesting Adjusting the driver down to 200watts but that would mean having to get a watt Meter etc ,,and less light :woohoo1:

I reckon a 4x8 with 3x 250 and two 150 for some side lighting would work well :vibe:

Back