@hairyman
The mars mydro website has a video showing how to extend the power cord! It was posted over a month ago in response to a load of complaints the driver was getting "way too hot"!
You need to buy the parts direct from them or on ebay (imo, this should be paid for by the company)
The video doesn't show where to mount the driver or what material you should use to mount it onto though!

Well I ain't buying anything, I will look at putting in a spacer :smoking:

Well I ain't buying anything, I will look at putting in a spacer :smoking:
Thats what i would go for also mate! Personally id go for a bigger gap than 10mm though, id lean more towards 25mm! Poundland is good for wee bits and bobs like that, b and q are robbing bastards for small hardware items! 3 quid for 20 150mm cable ties, got a pack of 40 out poundshop n only cost two 50 pences lol!!

Thats what i would go for also mate! Personally id go for a bigger gap than 10mm though, id lean more towards 25mm! Poundland is good for wee bits and bobs like that, b and q are robbing bastards for small hardware items! 3 quid for 20 150mm cable ties, got a pack of 40 out poundshop n only cost two 50 pences lol!!

I will find something in the bag of screws that I collected over the years lol

:d5:

Hi Tina .

I have a Mars Hydro ll 1200

One of the leds is burnt or burning out .will this be a problem .should I do anything .

Thanks .

1553982656462140093448.jpg

15539827984471052466527.jpg

Im by no means a professional or cant answer for tina but in my experience, i have 3 mars. I used to get replacements " usually the blue ones" and soder in myself but now days i just let them go. Theres quite a few out in mine but mine are also 7 years old and ive never had any safety issues. I leave all day sometimes there always on with no worries. Like i said thats just my opinion answer till a professional step in.

Hey @MarshydroTina I am looking in the next year to update my lights. In the next 6 months I'm going to be adding at very least an additional tent that is 48inx24inx60in until Christmas when I will also add a 3ftx3ftx6ft tent... as you can see from my grow battle thread, my dwc skills are better than I thought. Also as you can see I'll end up needing to update my lighting. I very much enjoy my Mars hydro 300 and 600 and plan to keep them for this tent. I have another 600 and a viparspectra (but I HATE viparspectra it kills plants!! and I want to throw that viparspectra in the trash!) but i was looking at trying some different lights when I move in 6 months. How would I replace 1x600led and 1x300led with something like the Mars cob 300w or sp-250? Would I need 2 (or 3 for sp) or would 1 (or 2 for sp) work? I'm trying to see what I can afford. I'd like bigger harvests. Supplemental light would be key too. What lights do you sell that would work to supplement the sides of a plant so they would get the best? I am sorry I'm asking silly questions but I figure I want to get ideas now before it's too late, thanks!

Hi Tina .

I have a Mars Hydro ll 1200

One of the leds is burnt or burning out .will this be a problem .should I do anything .

Thanks .

View attachment 1037163
View attachment 1037164
I would say go for it. It's super simple to replace the leds, especially if you happen to have 2 soldering irons kicking around. You can use the irons like a pair of tweezers to remove the diodes. Removal might be kinda a pain if you are not experienced and don't have 2 irons, but definitely doable. Just start at 650 degrees and move the temp up slightly until the solder on the pcb flows easily after a few seconds of contact and never apply any pressure. If you have any questions or problems just hit me up in a PM and I'll guide you though the process. I've spent far, far to many years soldering/desoldering electronics.

Last edited:
I would say go for it. It's super simple to replace the leds, especially if you happen to have 2 soldering irons kicking around. You can use the irons like a pair of tweezers to remove the diodes. Removal might be kinda a pain if you are not experienced and don't have 2 irons, but definitely doable. Just start at 650 degrees and move the temp up slightly until the solder on the pcb flows easily after a few seconds of contact and never apply any pressure. If you have any questions or problems just hit me up in a PM and I'll guide you though the process. I've spent far, far to many years soldering/desoldering electronics.

@MarshydroTina can i get replacement leds somewhere

thanks

First plant out of the game is this one

[HASHTAG]#marshydro[/HASHTAG]

[HASHTAG]#sp250[/HASHTAG]

[HASHTAG]#sp250hairymanspecial[/HASHTAG]

[HASHTAG]#seedstockergenetics[/HASHTAG]

[HASHTAG]#thinmintcrack[/HASHTAG]

IMAG1541.jpg
IMAG1594.jpg

Back