If I'm not mistaken the Mars 2 1200 watt the true wattage is 510 watts I think it's something like that

I think your missing the point of this thread. It's not about watts or tent or the grow pot cheaply advertiser. It's about lighting efficiency. how many par watts does your Mars have? Or the grow pot cheaply guys light have?

Mars vs HPS vs Efficiency

Just lol. This does seem like a thinly veiled jab at Mars, after seeing your response in the other thread regarding the guy asking about grow northern UK lights. (Gauging your response from that thread)

A lot of company's are going to give falsified information, and that trend has been around forever. This is nothing new, so if Mars put it out there, I don't doubt it.

Key point here.

In this day in age, it really pays off to ignore the advertising and do your research, and look at the real world or real time results. You can chase efficiency, it's like going after perfection, and perfection is a cruel mistress. Some people pursue it like that, and will have the Elitist outlook, and wonder why people accept a lower standard. Back and forth, from here till kingdom come.

This is why I am thankful we have so many options, be it entry level lights to high end Lights and many amazing DIY systems.

I'm sure a simple Google search has this range of info out there, I know I read some before I bought anything.

Well your absolutely right. I came across a little naive like I was asking a question but I guess I was caught. I think my problem is so many people think they are getting something better but they are really being lied to. For instance you go to a car dealership and they try to sell you a car that gets 30mpg but in reality it gets 20. Sure it still seems good on gas and sure it putts along just well but you were straight lied to. That's how half the companies that sell LEDs are. Now a large percentage of other companies don't even list the gas mileage. They just say it's great on gas but what if you actually figured it out to be 10mpg. To put this into perspective of newer growers or growers who have only used one light in their career, sort of like a new car owner. They have no clue about fuel mileage. They just drive around town days on end and keep filling up weekly thinking and boasting how their car gets good fuel economy.

Boost do you know that one of the most expensive LEDs on the market right now that was the 2014 winner of grow light of the year has the absolute worst efficiency of any light sold. Now you did say people chase efficiency. I do sort of. In 10% increments lol. I'm not going to run passive vs active cooling to save .02 watts but these are huge numbers. I just did the math for someone who came to me with a question about lighting. My outcome would have cost him exactly the same dollar amount saved him 300 watts each minute it ran and 1000 btu's if heat. That's what I'm trying to pass along. I'm only trying to help open the eyes of the naive growers who think all led is an energy saver.

Well your absolutely right. I came across a little naive like I was asking a question but I guess I was caught. I think my problem is so many people think they are getting something better but they are really being lied to. For instance you go to a car dealership and they try to sell you a car that gets 30mpg but in reality it gets 20. Sure it still seems good on gas and sure it putts along just well but you were straight lied to. That's how half the companies that sell LEDs are. Now a large percentage of other companies don't even list the gas mileage. They just say it's great on gas but what if you actually figured it out to be 10mpg. To put this into perspective of newer growers or growers who have only used one light in their career, sort of like a new car owner. They have no clue about fuel mileage. They just drive around town days on end and keep filling up weekly thinking and boasting how their car gets good fuel economy.

Boost do you know that one of the most expensive LEDs on the market right now that was the 2014 winner of grow light of the year has the absolute worst efficiency of any light sold. Now you did say people chase efficiency. I do sort of. In 10% increments lol. I'm not going to run passive vs active cooling to save .02 watts but these are huge numbers. I just did the math for someone who came to me with a question about lighting. My outcome would have cost him exactly the same dollar amount saved him 300 watts each minute it ran and 1000 btu's if heat. That's what I'm trying to pass along. I'm only trying to help open the eyes of the naive growers who think all led is an energy saver.

but what about CMH? for the price is there anything better??????? Doubt it, just sayin.

Cmh
132 par watts and 315 wall watts for $350

Vs

Cree 4 3590's
124 par watts and 200 wall watts for $400

It's pretty close. With the cobs you need to build a frame. The cmh I think has a better spectrum based on the 2 available bulbs they offer. Cobs are usually just 3500k where cmh had the 3500k and 4200k veg bulb.

I understand exactly what you mean, and I know exactly the method and mentality, of working towards bliss. It's a min/max environment where not only efficiency is chased, but stability, optimization. In the end, it's a fine line between the pursuit of happiness and pursuit of perfection.

Some people will open up their eyes but remember, you just can't force it. It's better to just sit back and let it happen naturally, and that can be super difficult when you know your right, and you want to help, but it's not sinking in. I know, that you know, that some people are just content with what they know and go with it, and that probably irritates you the most.

Different strokes for different folks, I'm glad you have that kind of knowledge and drive to better other folks experience, and good luck helping folks switch up when it's the right time bro! :cheers::pass:

You nailed it, thanks for the support. My short time here I have helped convert a few and that alone is enough to make me happy. My personal setup is pretty much perfect. Intensity and efficiency at its best.

@derek420colorado man oh man. I'm pissed, not sure the cause but I just blew my second cmh ballast. Maybe my Ac kicking in caused it to flash a little. They are on different circuits but you never know.

You nailed it, thanks for the support. My short time here I have helped convert a few and that alone is enough to make me happy. My personal setup is pretty much perfect. Intensity and efficiency at its best.

@derek420colorado man oh man. I'm pissed, not sure the cause but I just blew my second cmh ballast. Maybe my Ac kicking in caused it to flash a little. They are on different circuits but you never know.

fugggggggggggggggggggggg

Cmh
132 par watts and 315 wall watts for $350

Vs

Cree 4 3590's
124 par watts and 200 wall watts for $400

It's pretty close. With the cobs you need to build a frame. The cmh I think has a better spectrum based on the 2 available bulbs they offer. Cobs are usually just 3500k where cmh had the 3500k and 4200k veg bulb.

sooooooooooooooooo basically if the CMH ballasts don't inherently blow then CMH wins, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I picked the right light hahhahahahahha

Back