Photoperiod Mark’s MedicGrow LED + KNF grow

Great journaling here, bro. :nicethread: This is going to be fun and very instructional. So, your seedlings are in their final pots and under individual humidity dome-lettes. It looks like you've got the Fold-8 on 60% setting. I'm curious, what is the height of the light from the seedlings, and have you taken a PPFD reading at that height & setting? Happy growing. :thumbsup:

Great journaling here, bro. :nicethread: This is going to be fun and very instructional. So, your seedlings are in their final pots and under individual humidity dome-lettes. It looks like you've got the Fold-8 on 60% setting. I'm curious, what is the height of the light from the seedlings, and have you taken a PPFD reading at that height & setting? Happy growing. :thumbsup:
No I almost forgot but I’ll get ppfd next time I open tent! Also it’s so big I didn’t wanna mess with raising and lowering it so it’s prob 6’ off ground or just under 5’ over plants as of now! Def runs hot so we’ll see how well I can manage it once I need to increase intensity later on!

No I almost forgot but I’ll get ppfd next time I open tent! Also it’s so big I didn’t wanna mess with raising and lowering it so it’s prob 6’ off ground or just under 5’ over plants as of now! Def runs hot so we’ll see how well I can manage it once I need to increase intensity later on!
I'm looking forward to your PPFD test. I suppose the big light will give you more flexibility in how far it is from the canopy (i.e. good penetration). My little 100w QB's need to be at 12-16 inches above canopy to deliver (so need a flat canopy).

I'm looking forward to how garlic sherbet turns out, i am growing 2 of them in the fall with some photo og kush, thanks for the tag bro

Ok so to those interested where my light hangs now it’s prob about 4’ over plants and it was 324ppfd so may try to drop it a bit or see if maybe I can kick it to 80%! At about 24” below light on the 60% setting it was 760ppfd! Not too bad at all! :thumbsup:

In one of the Bugbee lectures he said weed can handle up to PPFD of 2,000, as much as corn. I put my lights closer after that LOL. So far I only have the LUX sensor on my phone though (Galaxy S7). I ordered a UNI-T UT383BT Light Meter, but the order was cancelled because they were out of stock.
P.S. - I just ordered another one on eBay for $22 all in, but it ships from China.

Last edited:
Back