Time For the weekly update ~Day 49:

The girls are on bloom nutes now. The fast GSC looks to be only a week or two from harvest. The problem she is in a reservoir with the Amphetamine and it will be hard to do a flush. I think it will be ok to do a three day flush, harvest the GSC then put nutes back in for the COTC. The Zambeza Blueberry looks to be about a week behind the fast GSC or two to three weeks from harvest. The rest look like 3 weeks or more?

In order to get a picture of the fast GSC I had to pull the Amphetamine back out of the way. That indica looking GSC stayed really small compared to her sister.

My next run will be all the same strain which hopefully will be easier to train and time.

The Fast Bud's Green Crack Auto occupying about 9sf. :
DSC00425.JPG

The slow (sativa dominant) Fast Bud's GSC Auto:
DSC00426.JPG

The fast (indica dominant) Fast Bud's GSC Auto:
DSC00428.JPG DSC00431.JPG

The Zambeza Blueberry Auto:
DSC00427.JPG

The COTC Amphetamine Auto:
DSC00433.JPG

A group photo:
DSC00435.JPG

Ok so I am building a new grow space. The area is dictated by the space in the spare room that is not used for exercise equipment, bookcases, and shelving for pantry items. My wife and I have lots of stuff and we use it regularly so it has to stay. I spent a lot of time in Visio trying different configurations and a 4’ x 6’ x 8’ grow room was all I could fit. Actually those are the inside dimensions. The framing is 2x4 and plywood. I felt I had to wear a hard hat while I was raising the top frame. I work alone and it was really wobbly until I secured the plywood end panels and cross supports. The west wall gets pretty warm in the summer so I added 2” r-7 ridged foam on that side. The south wall is a dual sheeted hollow with a 3.5” x 48” x 92” air space; on the outside I have fitted a 20”x20” air filter and on the inside I have 5 – 4” louvered vents for my air intake. The interior of the airspace is painted the darkest grey I could get mixed in Kilz 2 mold and mildew resistant paint. All of the framing is painted with Kilz 2. With the offset placement of the vents they should be light proof. I decided to go with Orca Grow Film for the interior walls and ceiling. I was originally planning to make zippered doors but the Orca film even though quit tough does not seem substantial enough for the long haul. Instead I bonded the film to canvas and sewed the zippers to the canvas. The seams of the film are “welded” together with a high temperature hot glue gun. Working at the right speed creates an excellent air tight strong weld. A champagne cork made an efficient tool for pressing the seam as I worked. Just like welding light metal it is easy to burn a hole in the material and in me. I have several blisters to prove it. I think I have solved the problem of not having enough places to hang lights, fans, filters and scrog screens etc. I bolted 4 – 18”x48” metal shelf racks as cross members in place of rafters giving me a place to hook something every inch. I am using a flood pan as a floor to contain any water spills. I added another 20A service to the room today for a total of 60A maximum; of course you can’t really use them up to the full rating safely so in essence I have a usable 45A on the three circuits. Her are some pics to bring you up to speed:

View attachment 710947 View attachment 710948 View attachment 710949 View attachment 710951 View attachment 710952 View attachment 710953 View attachment 710954 View attachment 710955 View attachment 710956 View attachment 710957 View attachment 710958 View attachment 710959 View attachment 710960 View attachment 710961 View attachment 710962
Jeez!! What a great setup!!

Jeez!! What a great setup!!
Thanks Jam!

I am retired to watch the grass grow; so I have a lot of time to do research. I am on a fixed income that dictates many of the decisions I make in regard to the materials I use. I am pretty handy so I can build most anything with enough money.

On the wish list:

Better lights.
Split A/C unit
Chillers

I am considering going to Rock Wool Blocks on a flood tray with drip irrigation to reduce the amount of nutrients needed for a grow and eliminate the need for a chiller. I have never grown this way yet this old dog is not afraid to learn new things or fail. One such failure is totally demonstrated in this thread: Copper Toxicity.

I learn new stuff every day so hang in there you will also:cools:.

The fast GSC is not as ripe as I thought. She is back in the corner where I cannot get close enough to to use a lupe to get a really good look at her. Moving her is out of the realm of possibility. So I got my camera in there and got a picture of her.

DSC00454small.jpg

She still has a ways to go!

Time for the weekly update ~ Day 56:

The two green crack and one GSC are much larger than I was expecting. They are stacking buds nicely. The fast GSC is hiding in the corner, she is getting close. The Blueberry is beautiful but getting shaded a little by the others. The Amphetamine is catching up as planned.
The Green Cracks:
DSC00461.JPG
The slow GSC:
DSC00462.JPG
The fast GSC:
DSC00463.JPG
The Blueberry:
DSC00464.JPG
The Amphetamine:
DSC00465.JPG

Group Shot:
DSC00466.JPG

Time for the weekly update ~ Day 56:

The two green crack and one GSC are much larger than I was expecting. They are stacking buds nicely. The fast GSC is hiding in the corner, she is getting close. The Blueberry is beautiful but getting shaded a little by the others. The Amphetamine is catching up as planned.
The Green Cracks:
View attachment 747587
The slow GSC:
View attachment 747588
The fast GSC:
View attachment 747590
The Blueberry:
View attachment 747592
The Amphetamine:
View attachment 747595

Group Shot:
View attachment 747596