Thanks Kendar:

I just looked back and it took me almost 4 weeks to build this room, I was thinking 2 weeks before I started but the details took way more time than I was thinking and frankly I am not as fast as I was 30 years ago!

The zippers have a couple of light leaks at the corners and where they all terminate together. I will fix them with a flap of velcroed fabric. There is no rush on that since I am growing Autos this round. The white flood tray is somewhat translucent so the intense light from the LEDs is leaking through the bottom a little really not a concern just an observation. The Orca Grow Film reflectivity is really something to see - now if it just grows great plants? We'll know in about 8 weeks!

Well here we are at Week 1 for the new grow room's first plants. Two of the seeds are really struggling to get going; one of the Fast Buds Auto Girl Scout Cookies and one of the Zambeza's Auto Blueberry the rest seem to be progressing nicely.

Fast Buds' Auto Girl Scout Cookies:
DSC00367.JPG DSC00368.JPG

Fast Buds' Auto Green Crack:
DSC00369.JPG DSC00370.JPG

Zambeza's Auto Blueberry:
DSC00372.JPG DSC00371.JPG

Group Shot:
DSC00373.JPG

Genetics plays such an important role in how these plants grow as witnessed in the difference in these seedlings.

See you next week.

Time for the weekly update ~Day 14. I have upgraded the nursery reservoir so it can accommodate 7 seedlings. By using the push connect 1/4" fittings the emitters can rotate out of the way; this makes it easier to move the net pots. The one GSC, two GC and one Blueberry will be ready to top in a couple of days. The GSC that had a hard time getting started seems to be perking up a bit but the Blueberry does not look like it will make it. I have popped a Cream of the Crop Amphetamine. It is the fastest bean I had. Perhaps it can catch up to the rest of the grow by harvest time. I turned on half of the DIY COBs @50% (100W) and left the 9 band LED on. I will run this way for the next week. I will start CO2 the day after I top the girls that are ready. The rest will just have to keep up!

GSC:
DSC00378.JPG DSC00379.JPG

GC:
DSC00380.JPG DSC00381.JPG

Blueberry:

DSC00383.JPG DSC00382.JPG

New nursery and Group Shot:

DSC00376.JPG
DSC00377.JPG

Happy growing!

~ Day 18:

Topping the the Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies Auto; she already is starting to bloom and up close smells really sweet! The others are not ready yet.

DSC00387.JPG
DSC00388.JPG

Back