I would say it's about cubic capacity regarding your airflow but mostly your exhausting maybe, is it possible for you to add an extra exhaust fan to your tent to help push the hot air out? And maybe an aircon for the loft to assist your tents intake temps?

I don't think I could install another one. Maybe if I connect it to the duct on top of my tent to help it push out the air. Either that or hook up an AC to the passive air intake/duct or maybe both.

can you start by measuring the temps outside the tent (over the course of a day) before trying to control those inside the tent? if your loft is too warm then you’re fighting a losing battle, because you have only got equipment that heats the air rather than cools actively.

if your loft is cool enough, then it should be a simple case of drawing more cool “loft” air into the tent when it gets too warm, that could be accomplished with an inkbird and a bathroom fan pushing air in through the bottom of the tent.

can you attach some pictures of your set up?

I vent out my window using this for two tents going into a wye that connects to the vent. The wye is separate. But since you have one tent. This would be suffice. All your hot air will go outside.

they gave me a screen to put in also! Works real well

Attachments

• FA810E53-DA14-4934-970B-8E1E8CACF011.jpeg
    FA810E53-DA14-4934-970B-8E1E8CACF011.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 40
can you start by measuring the temps outside the tent (over the course of a day) before trying to control those inside the tent? if your loft is too warm then you’re fighting a losing battle, because you have only got equipment that heats the air rather than cools actively.

if your loft is cool enough, then it should be a simple case of drawing more cool “loft” air into the tent when it gets too warm, that could be accomplished with an inkbird and a bathroom fan pushing air in through the bottom of the tent.

Aight. I'll measure the temps throughout the day today up on the loft.
I'll upload some pictures on the setup later today.

Thanks for all your help!

I have a steady steady temperature of 23,5C on the loft during the day with all the windows closed downstairs. Downstairs with the window open the temp is somewhere around 19.5/20C.

I have very limited space downstairs and a big door facing the balcony and tons of neighbours. Maybe I have to try and move it downstairs if it doesn't work upstairs. It's a living room/kitchen combined and the tent would then have to sit next to the balcony glass door but I have curtains tough.

That's how everything is connected inside the tent.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_160402.jpg
    IMG_20200509_160402.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 53
So, I've been measuring the temperatures above the light and under the light inside the tent.
It's 25C above the light and 30C 8 inches under the light, maybe an extra intake fan and/or a clip on fan would push the air around and lower my temperatures a wee bit. Or am I totally wrong? I just have one passive intake right now btw.

to me it seems like your loft is relatively mild, at least compared to mine which hits well over 35°C during warm days, thats why i choose to grow downstairs.

Have you got any air movement inside the tent?

Have you got all the possible vents open at the bottom of the tent to allow the extractor to work most efficiently?

Back