Status
Not open for further replies.
@HashMaster lol I'm just messing with ya man... when my plants are in Veg I keep lights close. I like as many fans as possible and big ones too... the busier the beyter. With auto's we need as much growth as fast as possible so the leaves are where the photosynthesis is going on so it's where Tha plant gets its energy to grow comes from so the more the better. When the bud sites start forming I tick them all under the bud sites as much as possible and only trim when I have to ... when the flowers start coming in strong I go for the moderately trimmed method... then once they are swelling good I deflate a good bit to let the light get deep into the flowers

Ahhh, good, thank you

And to think I was just about ready to admit a preference to shaved or waxed or trimmed myself.....

Glad I read your post first.

Errr....

ummmmm.....

DOH....

6488142.png

@HashMaster lol I'm just messing with ya man... when my plants are in Veg I keep lights close. I like as many fans as possible and big ones too... the bushier the better. With auto's we need as much growth as fast as possible so the leaves are where the photosynthesis is going on so it's where Tha plant gets its energy to grow comes from so the more the better. When the bud sites start forming I tuck the large fans all under the bud sites as much as possible and only trim when I have to ... when the flowers start coming in strong I go for the moderately trimmed method... then once they are swelling good I defoliate a good bit to let the light get deep into the flowers

PS: when they asked for a pic of my bush I told em I had a Brazilian

:cooldance::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::cooldance:

@trailanimal if you are referring to brand I havnt tried enough to make an educated answer

But as far as type I believe the LED is the light of the future. I started with t5 and cfl... they grew nice especially in Veg but the buds were not near as dense as I wanted. So I made the upgrade to running 600 watt metal halide for veg and hps for flower and it was a great step up. Nice solid buds and great plant structure.

But when I made the switch to LED it was a whole nother ball game. The way they engineer the spectrums and understand exactky what lights the plants need and use my buds went from dense to rock hard on the tops of plants and grew faster at a younger age. So I Def prefer LED lighting.

I am yet to try cob lighting but I have the old 1200 led I took out of my tent I'll be using the drivers and fans and making me a Cree cob fixture to add to the tent to go with a little hybrid action. I'll most likely run 4 cobs I a straight line in between the 2 platinum p300 lights and see how that goes

@trailanimal if you are referring to brand I havnt tried enough to make an educated answer

But as far as type I believe the LED is the light of the future. I started with t5 and cfl... they grew nice especially in Veg but the buds were not near as dense as I wanted. So I made the upgrade to running 600 watt metal halide for veg and hps for flower and it was a great step up. Nice solid buds and great plant structure.

But when I made the switch to LED it was a whole nother ball game. The way they engineer the spectrums and understand exactky what lights the plants need and use my buds went from dense to rock hard on the tops of plants and grew faster at a younger age. So I Def prefer LED lighting.

I am yet to try cob lighting but I have the old 1200 led I took out of my tent I'll be using the drivers and fans and making me a Cree cob fixture to add to the tent to go with a little hybrid action. I'll most likely run 4 cobs I a straight line in between the 2 platinum p300 lights and see how that goes
Leds! Used a small one in my window grow, only 25w but made a big difference over the previous year with just the 6hr sun. what distances from plant work for you?

This would probably be a great time to mention that I've been using one of @A-Train 's feeding schedules from a year or so ago. I had to modify it a little bit to suit my newbie growing skills, but she's beautiful and not a sign of toxicity or deficiency anywhere on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back