Status
Not open for further replies.
So any of you Stoners have any epic food plans? I'll be doing a pork loin, a bit of cranberry and horseradish sauce. Her a nice crust on it and finish it in the smoker. Streamed carrots with honey and lemon, potatoe salad, and sage biscuits. I'm not sure how to make the biscuit yet, but it sounds good. Stay hungry my friends.
from the tundra to the pot, goose stew with onions wild rice and Sharon's kitchen witch magic, mmm good, now it feels and tastes like spring!

geeze, hope that plant makes it, could be some very hardy genetics
Me too!! I think it will be fine cause when I found it,it was prolly already a few weeks old and had made it thru the last cold snap and another 4-6 " of snow with no cover(cause I didn't know it existed) this is prolly why it has the frost bitten leaves...Peace

Mornin' y'all. Sitting on the front porch watching it rain....hitting the bong with Roscoe laying on my feet keepin' them warm. Life just doesn't get better than this. A bit of seriousness for you now though.......If you want a pet, please consider a shelter animal. They need love too.
right on, a friend brought up a shelter cat from Seward to replace our old mouser, time to time we take in old retired sled dogs to live out their lives having fun and no worries, have one now, Zinc, retired Iditarod leader from Bethel
P1010439.JPG

As if I didn't have enough daydreams already of the various greenhouse scenarios I've thought up for my back yard, yesterday while cruising around the web I came across something called a "walipini". Essentially a cold frame greenhouse put over a large dug out pit to use the thermal mass of the earth to help the cold frame keep things warm.

Now where did I put that shovel.........

walipini-underground-greenhouse-400x300.jpg
looks really good, just needs soil you can actually dig, lol

Max rep for any rescue animal pics or stories. Get the fuzzy love flowing guys!
Had a jack Russell named Arnie.. His owners were going thru a divorce and the husband would beat and kick him to get at his soon to be ex wife.. Well she brought him to us where we were supposed just have him till she got a place .. we had him 13 years.. Coincidentally I saw the husband at lowes and I had Arnie with me about 8 years ago.. We came face to face.. Arnie who was always the most mellow dog started growling at him.. I said a few choice words to the guy and I told Arnie to relax that the only one who would get a beating is the ex husband.. The guy walked pretty fast to get away from us.. Felt like Arnie got the last words... Hope this makes sense

Morning stoners! How's your Saturday playin out? Taking the day off and spending time with the misses. She was gone all last week for training for her job. going to spend the day shopping and hanging out!:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back