Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit of a loaded question. As far as having to, no, the plant will grow. However you may want to for the plant to flourish. You can grow a plant in pure worm casting if you wanted to, but it's not a great idea. If you want to be lazy you should look in to something like Kind soil. It should only require water.

Gd'day Stoners, Fuggzy, Some background. I made my last 2 grows and my present runs in worm compost right from the worm farm. With the exception of 2 of six now, the 2 being the weirdos I showed here yesterday, they have all thrived. I've been waiting for the shoe to drop, the down side to appear and maybe it has with the freaks but maybe not. The jury is still out on their cause. What have you learned that I should look out for? I use nutes and mix in perlite. Other than that its pure.

Last edited:
So any of you Stoners have any epic food plans? I'll be doing a pork loin, a bit of cranberry and horseradish sauce. Her a nice crust on it and finish it in the smoker. Streamed carrots with honey and lemon, potatoe salad, and sage biscuits. I'm not sure how to make the biscuit yet, but it sounds good. Stay hungry my friends.

Mornin' y'all. Sitting on the front porch watching it rain....hitting the bong with Roscoe laying on my feet keepin' them warm. Life just doesn't get better than this. A bit of seriousness for you now though.......If you want a pet, please consider a shelter animal. They need love too.

Gd'day Stoners, Fuggzy, Some background. I made my last 2 grows and my present runs in worm compost right from the worm farm. With the exception of 3 of six now, the three being the weirdos I showed here yesterday, they have all thrived. I've been waiting for the shoe to drop, the down side to appear and maybe it has with the freaks but maybe not. The jury is still out on their cause. What have you learned that I should look out for? I use nutes and mix in perlite. Other than that its pure.
Hi bud. Worm castings are great and in my opinion the best thing you can have besides water. I too have a worm farm, and it is the first thing I grab. I have not learned anything to look out for in general, and the microbes can provide everything you need. It just may not provide you with everything you want. I would still add a source of NPK, in dry amendments. If you like guano, maybe us both seabird and bat, and add some shrimp or crab meal for added N&P. The shrimp/crab meal would also give you chittin for some added integrated pest management.

I'm on my phone for now or I'd add a few links/images, but for another $20-30 you could still be lazy, and get more out of the soil.

Take a look at my soul in my signature, it is an example of a "water only" soil. (I'll use more than water, but don't have to)

Mornin' y'all. Sitting on the front porch watching it rain....hitting the bong with Roscoe laying on my feet keepin' them warm. Life just doesn't get better than this. A bit of seriousness for you now though.......If you want a pet, please consider a shelter animal. They need love too.
Morning Rife !! We have a Roscoe too,he is the little killer of plants and always on a mission,so far this year he has two confirmed snake kills,him and his brother are rescue dogs so are the others...peace
image.jpeg

Max rep for any rescue animal pics or stories. Get the fuzzy love flowing guys!
Awesome slapper bro,much appreciated..and yes they are the best,all the dogs in this house technically belong to everyone else,but they don't call em "mans best friend" for nothing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back