Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ribs have had the membrane removed and have been rubbed and put back into the fridge. they are now on the counter coming to room temp and will go on the smoker in an hour an 15 minutes

Yes the ugly drum has been a blessing in disguise. No matter what goes in it always comes out tasty. No leftovers. And the good thing is even if it's raining or snowing the temps stay good for me.

Drum smoker's may be one of the best bang for your buck smokers around from all I've read.

However......if you've got the budget for it and want ease of use a good pellet grill can be an awesome back yard cooker.

Tossing my tower-o-pork for tacos al pastor into the pellet cooker for dinner in a little while:
IMG_3866.JPG

:drool: :hothot: :drool: :headbang: :drool: :clapper::clapper::clapper: --- daaaAAAaamn! Way to blow the roof on the snack shack friends- :bow: :thumbsup: I blink over the weekend, and y'all fill in 5 phat pages of fantastic grubbage!

>> Bushmaster'- your bro's beef enchiladas literally made my stomach growl! I've had a hankering, and those pics were pure torture,...:rofl: ...still one of my all time fav's, that and a great mole'!

>>
@Waira and @FullDuplex here with me.... my besties.... i am at peace now lol
A-T' :bighug: :zen::crisps: Ayuuuh!...sorry I missed the prime time and all that, I needed a little break,... ****.... :wiz: good gawd, that belly looks amazing, and that marinade/drizzle takes it off the hook! great flavor combos.... :eek1: Whaaaaat, no finished pics?? :cuss:-that's just stone cold man,...:rofl:
.... Ahh yes, the age old question: to sauce, or not to sauce,... :rofl: I'll tell you what, I love them both! ...for me it's all about the flavor profiles you build into the rubs and/or sauce,... if I plan to rub and sauce, I dial them in so they make music together, not try to out-flavor each other,... One of my best found recipe's is a Memphis Dry rub, no sauce EVER on this! It's made form several fresh ground seeds and other seasonings,... the seeds potent flavors calm down and marry beautifully in the smoker,.. sauce would be an insult!-- other side of the coin, the apple cider-jalapeno mop ribs have only salt and pepper for a rub, and no smoke, justa quick browning in a pan and lots of glazing,.... I'll get that Memphis rub recipe up in here soon, it's a must-try! :smoking:

>> @Seabass:welcome: welcome to you too brother- :d5: -- where you been?? :rofl: Way to kick up the game a notch here with slow-mo' sous vide goodness...:eyebrows: It looks positively delish'!.. what's the dressing on top? ..... very intriguing method for sure, I've only had it a few times from fancy places... So, that unit you showed is both heater and circulator? Gonna check that out!,... Wow, what cut of meat is that there, and did you give it a quick broil to get that browning? .... :bow: bris-ket :bow:bris-ket-- :clapper: worth every minute of the wait and work!

>> Ripp buddy, way to throw down the ribs! I love your applejuice spray trick, that I will try soon! I have a recipe in here someplace I think for apple cider-jalapeno mop for unsmoked ribs,.. same deal, just glaze glaze glaze- :thumbsup: ... dude, as the Chef in Chief, you are allowed to set aside 1 rack made to your spec's, coz the bark is the Boss! Those ribs look killer no matter what, to me,...:drool:

>> @Ozone69 my man, that's killing me all over again! I had Al Pastor sopas for lunch today,... great link bro', are you happy with that recipe? that's a must try for me,.. pork shoulder, right?

>> @Ozone69 my man, that's killing me all over again! I had Al Pastor sopas for lunch today,... great link bro', are you happy with that recipe? that's a must try for me,.. pork shoulder, right?

The recipe seemed good but I need to try it again because I didn't get it quite right. I got the wrong cut of meat and ended up with a 4ish pound BONE IN pork shoulder roast. It didn't slice into the nice, wide oval type pieces that they show in their vid and so my tower of meat was a little skinny and started falling over almost right away after putting it in the cooker. Was good fun trying to stick enough bamboo skewers into the thing from enough different angles propped up against enough different stuff while working in a hot grill with the tower-o-pork. Think if I hit up the butcher and get more of a boneless loin cut it may work better. Show 'em the start of the vid and just say "I want that piece of meat".

The marinade and everything else I liked. Not overly spicy hot flavored meat, but just right. :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back