Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing three racks of St. Louis style they will be dry rubbed and then sauced
Ahh... spare ribs are my enemy... i mean i can cook them and folks are like damn bro those are good... but in my head i know they are nothing mkre than average. Im a perfectionist... my baby backs are off thr chain.. i just cant get the spare ribs more than average... it takes skill..... not enough meat to have any mistakes

Ahh... spare ribs are my enemy... i mean i can cook them and folks are like damn bro those are good... but in my head i know they are nothing mkre than average. Im a perfectionist... my baby backs are off thr chain.. i just cant get the spare ribs more than average... it takes skill..... not enough meat to have any mistakes
2 hours on the smoker at 275 sprayed every 30 minutes with apple juice.. take them off double wrap them with heavy duty aluminum foil half cup of apple juice inside the foil back on the smoker for 1hout and 15 minutes and they are perfect.. if I sauce them I unwrap them paint them with sauce and back on the smoker for 15 minutes...

3 2 1 method is good... im a bark dude ... 3 2 1 has bark but imo it gets destroyed with the wrap and sauce. My cousin can flat cook spare ribs. He does a bunch for the 4th of july... luckily thats soon ill upfate with pics and a plan soon

Heres my 2 cents... when a steak needs sauce it can still be a great steak anf the sauce just takes it even higher... when you get a steak so good you wouldnt DARE put a sauce on it youve done something.

With ribs... the rub and smoke with the meat is amazing. Done right i have never had a sauce good enough to make them better.... now good ribs are good ribs and a suace can makw them great... but a rack of ribs cooked to perfection with a rub seasoning and meat that a sauce is not needed is the rack im looking for... my baby backd are there... i eat my cousins spares 1 time a year to ecpwrience it with spare ribs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back