Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt. Dew bundt cake. Think the recipe is off the Dunan Heines site if I remember right from the other day. It uses one of their kits so super simple to make. Carbonation in the soda gives the cake a light, airy texture to it and the citrus from the soda compliments the lemon cake nicely. Great for the munchies. Uses a little cooking oil in the recipe, so could be infused if desired as well...

IMG_1666.JPG

One more from me today. Sister on her last day visiting from Idaho and getting ready to head back. Mobility challenged at the moment as she recently had some shoulder surgery, so she asked if I could bake her a couple batches of cookies.

Stumbled on an awesome combination. Regular ole' Toll House cookies using the recipe off the bag, but substitute Reese Peanut Butter chips for half (1 cup) of the chocolate chips, and for the cup of nuts use chopped hazelnuts. mmmmmmmmmmm........

IMG_1668.JPG

:drool: :glutton::drool: oooh gawd, I just ate dinner, and I'm still slippin' the screen my tongue! :rofl: Delish' looking grub folks- :cheers: :clapper::clapper::clapper:
>> A-Train, a food torture thread for foodie-gellie's like all of us deserves a phat :slap:!! :thanks:
-- smashing start to it too- :woohoo1:... gonna have to keep the camera handy! Hey, did you forget to try the smokey meat balls yet? I got a hankerin' for another round with pork, and either teriyaki or a honey mustard garlic glaze for flavahhhh! ... might even work on a jerk recipe, we'll see what the taste buds say at the time... That burger was a flavor gut-bomb! how long did you stay awake after eating it? :haha: ..you too Trapper- :eyebrows:- double down-for-the-count!
....:d5: FD-- duuuude, you-are-killin'-me!!
latest
MEEEEEAT!! meatmeatmeat! :crying: fantastic menu my friend,... :bow: I will find you by nose power alone!

.... :pie: Ozone-- that Bundt cake has my sweet tooth barking big time, dammit! Now I have to feed the sugar gremlin- a family curse- :rofl: ...both sides of my parent families have serious sweet tooth's!

>>> :doh: Well, I have nothing 'fresh" but I'll toss out some blasts from the past,...

Smoker ribs, with rub and beer mustard glaze --->
ribs1.jpg

ribs2.jpg

...Smoked beef meatballs-->
bbb.jpg

.... Szechuan Beef Shreds stir fry-->
szch1.jpg

.... Gumbo Z' herbs (Green Gumbo), with Trinity rice-->
grn gumbo 1.jpg

I'll tell ya what @Waira I'm gonna be smoking a bunch of meat for the 4th... I'll fill this thread up. But I'm gonna do a personal run at the house and I'm gonna do the smoked meat balls. You care to share the recipe here? Or if it's top secret I'll take it via p.m

I will give you all the credit of course

:toke: my pleasure buddy! No secret, and I'm still tinkering with it some,... are you thinking beef, or pork? One thing I've not tried to add yet, like I do in my Spaghetti meatballs, is add some pureed onion, to moisten and boost flavor even more,...
..for the beef, I keep it KISS: for every 1lb ground chuck, about 80% lean; I add 1 egg, dash of Worcestershire, and some of the rub seasoning... (as mentioned, for Spaghetti mb's, I blenderize about half a small onion into puree, then fold it in-- BUT in that case, there's lots of parmesean chz-(dry factor) in them, so if you do add the onion, add it in by parts until you get a feel for how moist the meat is, so as to not make it too loose,... I have to try this yet myself; bread crumbs, like panko coating can save things if too soft!)...
Rub: 2T paprika (sweet)
- 1T pasilla chili powder
-1T chili powder
-2tsp coleman's dry mustard
-1.5tsp granulated onion
-2tsp gran. garlic
- 1T healthy tsp oregano
-1T fresh ground pepper
- about 2T salt (to personal taste here)
- 1.5T brown sugar
- dash of allspice
.... keep the meat cool so it hold form better; then roll up fat golfball size wads, roll in rub, then onto a tray.... I go 1 round of solid smoke (about 12-15 min. worth?), since their size is small, at 275-ish... done in about 45 min, less if hotter...about 2/3 way through, I start to baste with sauce to glaze them over nicely, but not brown out the sauce too much,...

>> Pork balls: this is really the recipe for pork burgers :biggrin: ... but it made killer pork nugg's too!
-1lb ground pork, not too lean (da fat is where it at!)
- 1 fat T Worcest. sauce
- 2T mustard, your choice
- 1tsp horseradish
- 1tsp sriracha
- 1T BBQ sauce
- 1clove crushed garlic-
- green onion very finely chopped, maybe 1/8 cup or so
- 1tsp Old Bay
- 1/2tsp thyme, same for oregano
- S/P to taste
.... same deal as beef for cooking, rub is optional, maybe too much? -what with all that's inside already,... Baste with whatever you like and fits the seasonings! BBQ, honey mustard, Carolina style mop,...:drool:

:nono: oh no no no! my ass is still sore from the last slapping! :naughtystep:... thank you just the same brudda-- Bon Appetit! .... Man, I wish Swampy was around these days,. he's a real deal chef, and a Cajun boy to boot- iiiooooweeee!! :hothot: -set yo' tung ahn fi-yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back