Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bighug: Capo Fancy Hands! [emoji144] ..'bout time your ol' chow-hound butt got over here! I see you're not taking any chances on da bad clamzz, Boss! :crying: [emoji106]

>> :yoinks: Jala'-poppers!! :drool: gawd, you are cruel,..:rofl: :finger:

>> :welcome: Spaghetti, tuck that knapkin in mate!
Thanks Waira. I subcontiously wear a white t shirt whenever I cook.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SS I have been making three basic sauce's from my grandfathers family recipe for over 50 years. grandfather came to the U.S. from Sicily. he taught my father my father taught me. :cheers:
Thats amazing. Im curious as to what the 3 different sauces are called.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

two are marinara (no paste} first is for seafood, very light spices, and cyanne pepper for heat. second a little heavier spice, black pepper, this is for pork, sausage, steak, and hamburg.
also a heavy meat sauce with all kinds of meats and tomato paste added, with a load of spices. I forgot a sauce, :face:it would be four sauces I make a caccatori as well. but don't make it often because my wife wont eat chicken or veal. :glutton::cheers:

@Ozone69 @Waira

The cabbage is super easy... key note is the sausage choice will make or break it. The can manage doesn't have a ton of taste so the sausage is supplying most of it.

Just take a whole cabbage and cut the core out but not all the way through like a cup really. So core it from one side but leave a bottom in it so the sausage and butter doesn't just run out the bottom.

Melt 2 sticks of butter. I try to open the layers of the cabbage and dump in the butter all the way around. Then just stuff the middle with as much sausage as it will handle. Mine held about 3/4 pound.

We used the oven at first because the grill and smoker were both full but 300 for 2 hrs on the oven the we put on the grill for 1.5 hrs and bam... it was a tasty treat.

...mmmmm,... you know, with all the nice moisture the cabbage has, a little time in the smoker the slap anudda layer of flavor might be something to try! After some sealed cooking time I think,.. open it up and let the smoke caress the goods ever so nicely,.. :hump: :smoking: .... How's you gut feel today after the bombing it's had the last few days?! :rofl:

...mmmmm,... you know, with all the nice moisture the cabbage has, a little time in the smoker the slap anudda layer of flavor might be something to try! After some sealed cooking time I think,.. open it up and let the smoke caress the goods ever so nicely,.. :hump: :smoking: .... How's you gut feel today after the bombing it's had the last few days?! :rofl:

Could mabe combine this and the cheesy cabbage head I did before and combine the recipes for that extra layer. Stuff the cabbage head with the butter and sausage, wrap it in foil and toss in the smoker. 30 min before done open top of the foil and generously top off with shredded mozzeralla.

I'm going to try just the sausage recipe first, but food for thought. :chef:

A-Train , I recon that cabbage would go great with bacon too -- talking about bacon --- Bacon chops . Yum . [ square cut pork shoulder ]
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back