Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak Bombers on French Bread

A food story with pictures!!! Start at the top. Eat it up at the bottom. I got my Mephisto beans started the other night!!! Yayyay.
d05360b2f56df26fb997083e4931f827.jpg
58a0c8858cd1768d591ecd881549a87e.jpg
983369d7d8fafc3fc423c9ef84a4573c.jpg
7a3384a449ded158eebd734c54964fcf.jpg
8f71dec18201096e00226df165879e97.jpg
d74da6606b5b5701bde2080f8932141a.jpg
15887eec4ba8c0ffc8c487031342a171.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Its been an awesome week....did wings three times, did meatloaf sammiches about a week ago, and steak sammiches the other night. Zero corners cut... except for last night. I was the proud eater of Chef Boy-ar-dee Beef Ravioli!!! It was quite good and I was gonna put a pic of the can up. I have another so I'll do that now...lol. I also made some fried Clam Strips w/ tartar sauce earlier too, but that never made it up here.

These were BOMB. Sea-Pack Brand breaded clam strips in the oven. Heat oven to 475°F and place the big ones around the edge and little ones in the middle. Spray a DOT of cooking spray first. Let em breathe. Wait for thorough preheat, set timer for precisely 11m. Flip outer big ones, remove smallest ones, back in oven for about 4-5m. While they are on the finishing jazz, whip up some homemade tartar sauce with some good mayo, lemon juice, old Bay and sweet pickle relish (or dill). It's about 4 or 5 to 1 mayo to relish, respective...and just season with some lemon juice and Old Bay original. Perfect tartar sauce.

331fa1ebb27fd34f4f2d92ef3ee0263d.jpg

The breakfast of champions

ec60dcae148cd1dd7689234cd1ff8a65.jpg

I ended up grilling in the rain tonight. More zucchini from the garden but that will be coming to an end soon as the first heavy frost hits and some cheap sirlions cooked medium. Then wife made a small side of red beans and rice for the kids. I'm to late with the pics as wasn't going back up to the room to snag the phone.

That's alright there old timer....I miss so many pics. Plus one for grilling out in the rain. I did these wings on the grill, and over here it ALWAYS grilling weather. From 2 feet of snow to flooding rain, the grill is always an option.

b38030e647b2e6b2547a4daace69476f.jpg

No more wings [emoji20]...last round. Did em all on the grill so we didn't stank up the house.

Its been an awesome week....did wings three times, did meatloaf sammiches about a week ago, and steak sammiches the other night. Zero corners cut... except for last night. I was the proud eater of Chef Boy-ar-dee Beef Ravioli!!! It was quite good and I was gonna put a pic of the can up. I have another so I'll do that now...lol. I also made some fried Clam Strips w/ tartar sauce earlier too, but that never made it up here.

These were BOMB. Sea-Pack Brand breaded clam strips in the oven. Heat oven to 475°F and place the big ones around the edge and little ones in the middle. Spray a DOT of cooking spray first. Let em breathe. Wait for thorough preheat, set timer for precisely 11m. Flip outer big ones, remove smallest ones, back in oven for about 4-5m. While they are on the finishing jazz, whip up some homemade tartar sauce with some good mayo, lemon juice, old Bay and sweet pickle relish (or dill). It's about 4 or 5 to 1 mayo to relish, respective...and just season with some lemon juice and Old Bay original. Perfect tartar sauce.

331fa1ebb27fd34f4f2d92ef3ee0263d.jpg

The breakfast of champions

ec60dcae148cd1dd7689234cd1ff8a65.jpg

Oh yeah I love fried clams. I have never seen them frozen though. With all of our local seafood, clams is not something that I see very often. Have not had them in years. A big pile of fried clams with some super spicy cocktail sauce - heaven!

Here goes. So last night was interesting. As previously stated, I recently fired up my secret garden. Me and my boy and combiining forces and knowledge. (And Gear!!). He had to shut down shop back in March/April, as he was growing inside of an apartment building. Not just any building either. Approx ⅔ of the apartments in this building are "supportive living". This building has a lot of rules, and WAY to many "inspections." He also has a cat. A fat cat. There is some interesting folks in this building. He came home one day to find the property manager standing down the hall from his appt. on the top floor. We vented and carbon filtered the 8" exhaust up into the crawlspace. Worked gorgeous. No smell. Pumped pounds out of that spot and was doing it right under everyone's noses. Hillarious. So, this shitty company that makes cat litter decided to change the recipe. The new stuff was dusty. Real dusty. It was getting into the garden and clogging up the carbon filter. Not good. So he ordered a new one. So...he comes home and this bitch is standing here down the hall. He has lived there since the building opened, so he is well known. UPS was supposed to bring the filter an hour ago...they were late. As he walks past her she chimes in, "Do you smell some maryjooowannna?". He said No. She smelled it. Turns out that up in the crawlspace there is a little pathetic helper fan. It's tiny. But there is like zero airflow up there. This little fan is on a rheostat and comes on for 2 mins once an hour. He said a few times coming home he thought he caught a wiff. But that was after coming from my house where there was also dope and KAAAHBS so he thought nothing of it. Turns out that the cat litter blocked the exhaust. We were running the tent on negative pressure and the clogged up carbon led to a pressure change which changed the airflow. It was leaking a tad. And then this helper fan kicks on for a min and wafts the smell right down the hall. So he goes in the apartment and is really pissed. Not 5 mins later the buzzer goes off. It's UPS down at the door with a new carbon filter. Yeah. That's how close it was. Last night we were hanging and getting shit ready. We noticed a few TINY little flying bugs. Fungus Gnats. They must have hitched a ride on some piece of gear. We spent 4 hours clinically cleaning and spraying EVERYTHING with bleach/water and the hydrogen peroxide water, and then water water. So far so good. So it got late. Real late. What better time than that to whip up some lemon parmesan stuffed chicken cutlets for dinner!!! None in my book. So we did. Along with some delicious Angel Hair pasta. Just unreal. Make Stove Top Chicken stuffing box. Replace 1.5T of the water for fresh lemon juice. Brown up a hot Italian sausage link and toss it in the food processor and pulse it a few times. Mix all that into the stuffing along with a ½C of parmesan cheese. Best stuffing ever. Pound out a few breasts and slice em open like tacos. Shove that in along with some sliced sharp cheese like cheddar or swiss and stitch it closed with a few wooden toothpicks down the seam. Egg, flour, egg, panko, then into a hot pan with a smidge of oil. Flip it when it's time and put in a glass dish. Repeat with the others, and finish em up in the oven together for about 25m at 350°F. Gotta make sure the center of the stuffing gets up to 170°+. Don't overcook em. Enjoy this chicken steak flavor extravaganza. It's unreal.
efacd7aca9b120aab5b0b7dae60229a2.jpg
02574bf07fe855f0af61af4e6f4d0d4d.jpg

:drool: dammit man, can I move in with you?

Here goes. So last night was interesting. As previously stated, I recently fired up my secret garden. Me and my boy and combiining forces and knowledge. (And Gear!!). He had to shut down shop back in March/April, as he was growing inside of an apartment building. Not just any building either. Approx ⅔ of the apartments in this building are "supportive living". This building has a lot of rules, and WAY to many "inspections." He also has a cat. A fat cat. There is some interesting folks in this building. He came home one day to find the property manager standing down the hall from his appt. on the top floor. We vented and carbon filtered the 8" exhaust up into the crawlspace. Worked gorgeous. No smell. Pumped pounds out of that spot and was doing it right under everyone's noses. Hillarious. So, this shitty company that makes cat litter decided to change the recipe. The new stuff was dusty. Real dusty. It was getting into the garden and clogging up the carbon filter. Not good. So he ordered a new one. So...he comes home and this bitch is standing here down the hall. He has lived there since the building opened, so he is well known. UPS was supposed to bring the filter an hour ago...they were late. As he walks past her she chimes in, "Do you smell some maryjooowannna?". He said No. She smelled it. Turns out that up in the crawlspace there is a little pathetic helper fan. It's tiny. But there is like zero airflow up there. This little fan is on a rheostat and comes on for 2 mins once an hour. He said a few times coming home he thought he caught a wiff. But that was after coming from my house where there was also dope and KAAAHBS so he thought nothing of it. Turns out that the cat litter blocked the exhaust. We were running the tent on negative pressure and the clogged up carbon led to a pressure change which changed the airflow. It was leaking a tad. And then this helper fan kicks on for a min and wafts the smell right down the hall. So he goes in the apartment and is really pissed. Not 5 mins later the buzzer goes off. It's UPS down at the door with a new carbon filter. Yeah. That's how close it was. Last night we were hanging and getting shit ready. We noticed a few TINY little flying bugs. Fungus Gnats. They must have hitched a ride on some piece of gear. We spent 4 hours clinically cleaning and spraying EVERYTHING with bleach/water and the hydrogen peroxide water, and then water water. So far so good. So it got late. Real late. What better time than that to whip up some lemon parmesan stuffed chicken cutlets for dinner!!! None in my book. So we did. Along with some delicious Angel Hair pasta. Just unreal. Make Stove Top Chicken stuffing box. Replace 1.5T of the water for fresh lemon juice. Brown up a hot Italian sausage link and toss it in the food processor and pulse it a few times. Mix all that into the stuffing along with a ½C of parmesan cheese. Best stuffing ever. Pound out a few breasts and slice em open like tacos. Shove that in along with some sliced sharp cheese like cheddar or swiss and stitch it closed with a few wooden toothpicks down the seam. Egg, flour, egg, panko, then into a hot pan with a smidge of oil. Flip it when it's time and put in a glass dish. Repeat with the others, and finish em up in the oven together for about 25m at 350°F. Gotta make sure the center of the stuffing gets up to 170°+. Don't overcook em. Enjoy this chicken steak flavor extravaganza. It's unreal.
efacd7aca9b120aab5b0b7dae60229a2.jpg
02574bf07fe855f0af61af4e6f4d0d4d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back