Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a real shame the food isn't amazing.g You know who does some BBQ right though? Famous Dave's does some real good cue, at least our location did, and of course IMO. I am a sucker for a real good pork sammich...and FD's does some BOMB pork. It is called Carolina Chopped Pork and it is very coursely, cleaver-chopped pork shoulders that have been pre cut into thirds prior to smoking. (This is how I do it too... but I swear it's not because of them ...lol). The third chunks then get a 10 hour tour of the smoke house. LOTS of surface area to get that beautiful bark. Best BBQ pork I've had out and about thus far. And the other kicker about it is how you buy it. No $9 sammiches (of course you can get it like that)....but the best way to keep it affordable is to get it "To Go" and buy it by the pound. We would get 2lbs for $23 and grab some Brioche or potato rolls and for $26 you can make 8 world class sammies at home. I have been referring to it in the past tense, because they closed down our location last year I believe. A real shame. And I am pretty much the anti corporate guy...but they did it right, so they totally get a pass. I'm sure Jack's Old South, The Shack, Johnny Trigger's and 200 other equally good but lesser know places do some phenomenal BBQ, but Memphis is about 600 miles south and KC is even further SW. Gotta do it yourself round here. There isn't a ton of selection for Barbie restaurants, besides, NOBODY knows how to do pork with bark!!! It's all just zero bark, minimum smoke ringed, fork or bear claw pulled pork. Next time any of y'all do a Boston Butt or some Pork Shoulder in the smokee for sammiches....try this pre chop thing. Turn a whole bowling ball sized shoulder that is 10 pounds into a few 3# chunks. Treat it identical as you would with the big hunk, besides it will finish an hour or two quicker and you won't look back. Next level.

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

The bbq here is good, not always consistent. Never tried it at BB Kings, may have to. A lot of local small places can have some great stuff. Central bbq is good and consistent. My daughter's school band fundraiser sells shoulders and the guy that cooks them does a great job!

Nice breeze on the island, watching the sunset there is a good time

IMG_20181008_183040.jpg

Turkey soup✌️

Hey. OMG those meatloaf sandwiches were quite possibly the best. Ever. Here is that stupid crazy bacon.

a51ddcbc8e51c2b98d90bf8c2f07f168.jpg

7925e1cf0cde6499491e9574d2e57f18.jpg

dfeba05db5ace13ec7b492507eb6049f.jpg

Took a pair of medium Vidalia onions, chopped em into thin slices and put em in my Dutch Oven for an hour on low to create authentic carmelized onions. This is a crucial part of a hot meatloaf sammich. The sammies have about a whole onion on each one!! 1/3 in the loaf and 2/3 from the true carmelized onions. There is nothing "oniony" (is that a word?) about em. Cut a French loaf into thirds, and opened em up. Toast the middle on the griddle (lol) and use a little Hellman's or other good tasty mayo. Load em up with some loaf, 1/3 of the onions per sammich, some bacon and some cheese. I used Swiss and White Cheddar. Royalroacho and Nurse B used just the White Cheddar. Leave the tops off. Put em in the oven for about 7 mins @ 350°F with no tops on to melt the cheese nice. Throw the top on and return to oven for another 6 or 7 mins till it gets just the slightest crunch and it's hot. Done. Bam. Slice it in half and wrap the second half, cause NO WAY a normal folk could get through both...lol, it's a delicious boat anchor.

f3c26263e1c8b30bb2d2109b3430ee13.jpg

I whipped up some onion rings for a quick side and also made some cookieses.

2c3b4b506452bca738432e2da7be023f.jpg

dfffc42fd512cbccdb9b5d912853c872.jpg

How ya been? Haven't heard much outta ya lately...which is unusual. Holding down the fort, living the dream? Lol....we've been trying to sort everything out nice for some serious dope farming that we hope to get dropped today. I tell ya...it's been a much bigger pain in the ass than I anticipated. Doing it right though, and got a whole obsessive level collection of Mephisto to choose from. Going with a stinky round of Skywalker, Sour Stomper, Forum Stomper, Strawberry Nuggets, Sour Orange Diesel Kush and GRAPE WALKER KUSH. Oh. Yeah. Hopefully they will be in the plugs by this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back