Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are getting my Father's Day dinner prepped. So far have a bacon wrapped stuffed pork loin waiting to get cooked.
2deb00563fb9e36f3d7c433f2dba529c.jpg

I love Jennifer!!

Baby let's make a run for the border,
I've got a hunger only tacos can stop.
I know exactly what I'll order
Three tacos two tostadas and a soda pop!!

IMG_20180616_231450695.jpg

Not quite a taco....but damn close. So I decided to completely tie up Saturday and Sunday with cooking. Lol....it was the most kitchen work I've ever done outside a restaurant. That's a enchilada in the making. Two pounds of ground beef with a 2 second blip in the food processor, along with a container of Sweet Onion Garden Fresh Salsa, a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos, 10 huge cloves of fresh garlic, and a couple packets of taco seasoning. That's the meat mix...inside the enchiladas is two scoops of the meat mix, homemade refried black bean puree on the bottom, Goya black beans and rice, Queso Fresco Mexican cheese, and fresh cilantro choped ultra fine.

IMG_20180616_231458405.jpg

That's the first 8 which fit perfectly in a 13x9 Pyrex. We made 12 total for six adults.

IMG_20180616_232356488.jpg

It ain't enchiladas without some enchilada sauce!! Here is the other four post Red Enchilada sauce, pre baking, in my weirdo metric square Pyrex 20x20cm

IMG_20180617_005806364.jpg

Enchiladas Baby!!!!! With.......

IMG_20180617_010206989.jpg

Freestyle Homemade guacamole

IMG_20180617_055847347.jpg

Five whole eggs plus two yolks for.....

IMG_20180617_163901738.jpg

Ten inch springform lime cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. OMG....I thought I fucked it up...it was in the oven for FIVE FREAKIN HOURS!! I fell asleep at 4:30 in the morning, but luckily the oven was only at a pathetic 200°F....an unheard of temp for cooking just about everything....except for NY style cheesecake. It set SO NICE, that this is the new standard. It was the bomb. Everything thus far was for Saturday, except the cheesecake....which was for Father's Day, but I made it at Saturday night so it could set right. While the cheesecake was starting it's journey through the hot zone, I whipped up this:
IMG_20170512_220551538.jpg

**Not THAT one specifically, but it looked alot like it**. It was like 3:30am and I FORGET to snap a pic. Pork and beef meatlog with fresh celery, onions and carrots, and a whole shitload of stuff to make it meatloaf.

Pro tip: make a teeny one bite patty, cook it in a skillet real quick so you can taste it before you commit to the hot zone. I don't use recipes or measuring cups unless I'm baking touchy deserts like cookies or measuring flour for a roux, etc...so ya GOTTA taste everything, and that's how I taste a loaf.

IMG_20180617_201945514.jpg

Father's day...here is the meatlog, as a monster sammich...which is a hot & crispy sammy on bangin Aldi Sourdough Square bread, with a fat slice of the loaf, 3 strips of true vertical thick cut uncured pork belly bacon, 90 min carmelized vidalia onions (candy), a few PAPER thin slices of Roma tomatoes, Hellemans Mayo, and cheese of your choice from Swiss, Whole Milk Mozz, Insanely sharp cheddar, and Jalapeno Pepper Jack. I had Swiss...because thas how I roll. Because of my zombie state from all the scratch cookery, I just completely bailed on the rest of the pics. Sorry?? I hope that's acceptable.....this is a long post....lol. So we had those bomber sammies, Four pounds of 16-20 grilled pink shrimps, butterflied, deveined and SHELLS ON, and a family favorite that I've posted before, steamed broccoli with a sharp white cheddar cheese roux sauce...Dummy myself didn't get ANY pics of that mess, but it was money. Another idiot myself thing was not snapping a pic of our Fathers Day afternoon special snack; Iberico Chorizo, that stupid sharp white cheddar sliced thin, roasted eel in sweet n hot sauce, and some Club crackers. It was so cute on my bamboo cutting board all nice nice...I surprised everyone with that charcuterie platter. By the way...I'm kind of an aficionado of Chorizo, and this Iberico Chorizo was THE BEST I've ever had bar none. Melts in your mouth, literally. At about 4:00pm on Father's day....after a handful of beers....we made a pair of friggin Banana Walnut logs. Once again, slacked on the photography, but here is a pic from right now of the Nanner Loaf:

2018-06-20 07.46.22.jpg

It's sideways

If you're still with me, I got one more pic to share. When I was at the Wegmans grocery store on Saturday grabbing the supplies, I saw this in the meat case:

IMG_20180616_194230120.jpg

Those dear friends are USDA Prime, bone-in, 35 day dry aged 'Tomahawk' ribeye steaks. A once a year, Father's Day only special....yours for the low low price of $29.99 a pound...at 38-42oz...about $70-75 each. Yeah....ya gotta pay the Piper AND pay for the baseball bat bone handle. I hadda snap a pic, as those are the coolest steaks I've personally ever seen.

Well friends, that's the end of this journey. It was a crazy hectic weekend for us with all the cooking and baking and cleaning and cooking and cleaning and baking and going to the store 5 times.....lol...have a GREAT DAY if you made it all the way through this book!!!!!

IMG_20180616_200132243.jpg

This was sitting in the lot on the way out of Wegmans on Saturday after I saw those insane steaks. WOW. Everyone thinks it's some kind of Chevy, like a Camaro or Corvette....my dad thought it was a Mustang. I can totally see that....but....NOPE....Nissan GTR. That's all folks!!!

I love Jennifer!!

Baby let's make a run for the border,
I've got a hunger only tacos can stop.
I know exactly what I'll order
Three tacos two tostadas and a soda pop!!

View attachment 920582

Not quite a taco....but damn close. So I decided to completely tie up Saturday and Sunday with cooking. Lol....it was the most kitchen work I've ever done outside a restaurant. That's a enchilada in the making. Two pounds of ground beef with a 2 second blip in the food processor, along with a container of Sweet Onion Garden Fresh Salsa, a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos, 10 huge cloves of fresh garlic, and a couple packets of taco seasoning. That's the meat mix...inside the enchiladas is two scoops of the meat mix, homemade refried black bean puree on the bottom, Goya black beans and rice, Queso Fresco Mexican cheese, and fresh cilantro choped ultra fine.

View attachment 920585

That's the first 8 which fit perfectly in a 13x9 Pyrex. We made 12 total for six adults.

View attachment 920586

It ain't enchiladas without some enchilada sauce!! Here is the other four post Red Enchilada sauce, pre baking, in my weirdo metric square Pyrex 20x20cm

View attachment 920588

Enchiladas Baby!!!!! With.......

View attachment 920589

Freestyle Homemade guacamole

View attachment 920592

Five whole eggs plus two yolks for.....

View attachment 920590

Ten inch springform lime cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. OMG....I thought I fucked it up...it was in the oven for FIVE FREAKIN HOURS!! I fell asleep at 4:30 in the morning, but luckily the oven was only at a pathetic 200°F....an unheard of temp for cooking just about everything....except for NY style cheesecake. It set SO NICE, that this is the new standard. It was the bomb. Everything thus far was for Saturday, except the cheesecake....which was for Father's Day, but I made it at Saturday night so it could set right. While the cheesecake was starting it's journey through the hot zone, I whipped up this:View attachment 920591

**Not THAT one specifically, but it looked alot like it**. It was like 3:30am and I FORGET to snap a pic. Pork and beef meatlog with fresh celery, onions and carrots, and a whole shitload of stuff to make it meatloaf.

Pro tip: make a teeny one bite patty, cook it in a skillet real quick so you can taste it before you commit to the hot zone. I don't use recipes or measuring cups unless I'm baking touchy deserts like cookies or measuring flour for a roux, etc...so ya GOTTA taste everything, and that's how I taste a loaf.

View attachment 920593

Father's day...here is the meatlog, as a monster sammich...which is a hot & crispy sammy on bangin Aldi Sourdough Square bread, with a fat slice of the loaf, 3 strips of true vertical thick cut uncured pork belly bacon, 90 min carmelized vidalia onions (candy), a few PAPER thin slices of Roma tomatoes, Hellemans Mayo, and cheese of your choice from Swiss, Whole Milk Mozz, Insanely sharp cheddar, and Jalapeno Pepper Jack. I had Swiss...because thas how I roll. Because of my zombie state from all the scratch cookery, I just completely bailed on the rest of the pics. Sorry?? I hope that's acceptable.....this is a long post....lol. So we had those bomber sammies, Four pounds of 16-20 grilled pink shrimps, butterflied, deveined and SHELLS ON, and a family favorite that I've posted before, steamed broccoli with a sharp white cheddar cheese roux sauce...Dummy myself didn't get ANY pics of that mess, but it was money. Another idiot myself thing was not snapping a pic of our Fathers Day afternoon special snack; Iberico Chorizo, that stupid sharp white cheddar sliced thin, roasted eel in sweet n hot sauce, and some Club crackers. It was so cute on my bamboo cutting board all nice nice...I surprised everyone with that charcuterie platter. By the way...I'm kind of an aficionado of Chorizo, and this Iberico Chorizo was THE BEST I've ever had bar none. Melts in your mouth, literally. At about 4:00pm on Father's day....after a handful of beers....we made a pair of friggin Banana Walnut logs. Once again, slacked on the photography, but here is a pic from right now of the Nanner Loaf:

View attachment 920598

It's sideways

If you're still with me, I got one more pic to share. When I was at the Wegmans grocery store on Saturday grabbing the supplies, I saw this in the meat case:

View attachment 920601

Those dear friends are USDA Prime, bone-in, 35 day dry aged 'Tomahawk' ribeye steaks. A once a year, Father's Day only special....yours for the low low price of $29.99 a pound...at 38-42oz...about $70-75 each. Yeah....ya gotta pay the Piper AND pay for the baseball bat bone handle. I hadda snap a pic, as those are the coolest steaks I've personally ever seen.

Well friends, that's the end of this journey. It was a crazy hectic weekend for us with all the cooking and baking and cleaning and cooking and cleaning and baking and going to the store 5 times.....lol...have a GREAT DAY if you made it all the way through this book!!!!!

View attachment 920611

This was sitting in the lot on the way out of Wegmans on Saturday after I saw those insane steaks. WOW. Everyone thinks it's some kind of Chevy, like a Camaro or Corvette....my dad thought it was a Mustang. I can totally see that....but....NOPE....Nissan GTR. That's all folks!!!
Daym, I'm blown away by that meal! Duggy is safe from me moving in now, because I am coming to your place :hump:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back