Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
20180602_191853.jpg

Delicious....:smokeout:

After you've got that pellet grill and done your first big pork butt and made sooooo much pulled pork that was just sooooo good, what to do with the leftovers? Freeze it and use it later for pork enchiladas...

IMG_7058.JPG

(All the pellet grill talk reminded me I still had some out in the deep freeze that needed to be used up)

PS_0792_PIG_BUTTS.jpg

Italian marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts with a lemon, garlic, coffee rib rub sauce and some steamed broccoli with a 24 month Gold Medal winning aged white cheddar cheese sauce made from a roux, cold milk and that denk cheddar. Yum. I love roux...it took me awhile to really get it down (like making risotto) but man....talk about a silky smooth thickening agent. Once you master the roux, corn starch/flour slurry thickener is done forever. Remember, hot roux, cold liquid or cold roux with hot liquid. And don't stop whisking.
cdfabd47af1c59cea789279ea0919fc0.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

Gumbo
This stuff is some the Best I've ever had!! View attachment 914499
Gumbo....looks dark and tasty. Another textbook example of a roux. Nice dark roux for gumby as it's more of a signature flavor then a thickener when it gets dark.

Horror Story:. 14 years ago...spent about $70 on some PRIME ingredients for a killer gumbo recipe I got. Skrimps, Chorizzo, Chicken Gizzards...everything bought fresh and premium quality. First time ever doing a roux. I fucking BURNED the roux without realizing it. Made the gumbo with the burned roux and wrecked everything. $70 straight down the drain. Lesson learned. ALWAYS taste your roux...there is a real fine line between that natural nutty brown roux and burnt butter/flour. They look REAL similar...but don't taste it...lol. Use a thick bottom pan (Dutch Oven A++) and keep the heat down....the darker the roux you want (Gumbo)...let it go for 20 mins or more on low heat. Normal blond roux is about 5-7 mins on med-low. Try it out guys....some amazing g flavor hiding inside a little bit of buddy and a scoop of flour.

There called KAAHBS Joe

Gumbo....looks dark and tasty. Another textbook example of a roux. Nice dark roux for gumby as it's more of a signature flavor then a thickener when it gets dark.

Horror Story:. 14 years ago...spent about $70 on some PRIME ingredients for a killer gumbo recipe I got. Skrimps, Chorizzo, Chicken Gizzards...everything bought fresh and premium quality. First time ever doing a roux. I fucking BURNED the roux without realizing it. Made the gumbo with the burned roux and wrecked everything. $70 straight down the drain. Lesson learned. ALWAYS taste your roux...there is a real fine line between that natural nutty brown roux and burnt butter/flour. They look REAL similar...but don't taste it...lol. Use a thick bottom pan (Dutch Oven A++) and keep the heat down....the darker the roux you want (Gumbo)...let it go for 20 mins or more on low heat. Normal blond roux is about 5-7 mins on med-low. Try it out guys....some amazing g flavor hiding inside a little bit of buddy and a scoop of flour.

There called KAAHBS Joe
A good roux is hard to master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back