Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned it before, but I have twin daughters who are autistic.

Well, we've done a couple movies lately, we went and saw Wonka the other day and they loved it.

They both also love the band AJR.

Well, they are coming to my city.

So I got us tickets.

My wife is going to work on getting them ready for the noises and stuff at a concert. But I think they are going to do awesome.
You think they're gonna be OK with the loud noises? I guess play some of their favorite songs real loud?

I've got a friend that has an autistic boy. I met him at 5 years old and knew instantly that he was autistic. I think at the time his parents knew there was something wrong but didn't want to admit Or accept it.
I pestered my buddy for a bit and they finally got him evaluated so they can get him some proper education and therapy.
He's now taking college courses, he can't take a full schedule. He loves engineering and I think he wants to become a civil engineer. It's hard to believe he's that old.

I find the autistic mind extremely fascinating. I know as a parent, you have to deal with the whole package and everything that goes along with it. You have to deal with their little, some maybe not little, idiosyncrasies.

Even with high levels, it's a difficult job. You guys definitely have your work cut out for you. Find out what they like to do and can do best and encourage it.
My buddy and I were talking about this earlier this week. His biggest concern now is what happens once he and his wife are gone or can't take care of him. He doesn't seem to be confident that he's going to be able to function on his own. No matter what level they are, it's a quite valid concern.
He told me that Indiana doesn't consider him handicapped anymore when he turned 18 and the assistance stopped.:face::grrr1:

I know I'm preaching to the choir! No matter what level they are, you got a tough job! I just wanna give you words of encouragement and admiration for tackling a tough job!:pighug::pass:

1703300579184.gif

1703300555591.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back