Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this week has been full of heavy shit. Figured there was a reason for the pizza party today but couldn't figure it out just thought he was going to come down on us to tighten up ship. But that was far from the case he dropped the news on us that he is retiring. That our current foreman and his wife are taking over the business Jan 1st. My foreman/new owner is also my very close friend that I've known since grade school so I think this is a good thing but really nervous and excited at the same time. I don't know what to expect from a young couple new business owners(I say young he's only a year younger then me:doh:). I know one good thing is he told me after the meeting in private. I am going to need to move up to running the plasma table plus doing more TIG work everything he does/did. Also that I'll be getting a nice fat raise come the first of the year :woohoo1: :woohoo:

1701392193285.gif
image.jpg

Our water is quite alkaline. pH is sometimes over 8. Sometimes over 9. The hardness factor, by the water report, is zero. (they remove the calcium and magnesium) But the alkalinity is '180' from the annual water report for tap. There are times that our pH is higher on the RO water than tap. Filters are ordered.
" It's enough to make you crazy if you let it!"
Yes it is the calcium carbonates that cause the alkaline PH and it takes way to much buffer to make it right for growing. None of the calcium in the carbonate form is available to the plant and the little that is freed with the buffer is not worth the N or P problems you get.

It is a balancing act and some strains are more tolerant to different nutrient profiles, some people get really good at growing with their not so perfect conditions.

When your RO is up I would mix 2 RO to 1gallon of tap. PH should be manageable from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back