Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morfnoevight all you happy Sunday Live Stoners!

Sunday morning Wake-N-Bake. I have been craving corned beef hash and eggs for years. My attempts to make a poultry or pork substitute have mostly failed. This morning I thought since I just want the flavor why not try spicing up some ground turkey? I added dill seed, coriander seed, mustard seed, crushed bay leaf and ground black pepper and some Not Beef Bouillon and water. I cooked it down until the turkey was cooked through. Then I added some reconstituted dried hash brown potatoes some olive oil and continued to cook. It would not form a patty like corned beef so I need to work on that. less coriander and bay leaf next time, otherwise this is the closest I have come and it was enjoyable.

IMG_20231119_104304264.jpg

If anyone has any first hand experience with any of the new fangled outdoor pizza ovens, please let me know. Researching options and there are a lot all of the sudden
I use GF pre cooked pizza dough in a regular oven and it makes good pizza but it is no where near the pizza that comes out of our Pizza oven.
IMG_20150402_151841789_HDR.jpgoven 11-48.jpg

To get pizza like this you need an 800°F floor temp, burning wood in the chamber, thin Pizza dough and thin toppings. The result is in a class of its own.

I have seen smaller versions of pizza ovens that offer these conditions while running on gas. That would be ideal.

Good morfnoevight all you happy Sunday Live Stoners!

Sunday morning Wake-N-Bake. I have been craving corned beef hash and eggs for years. My attempts to make a poultry or pork substitute have mostly failed. This morning I thought since I just want the flavor why not try spicing up some ground turkey? I added dill seed, coriander seed, mustard seed, crushed bay leaf and ground black pepper and some Not Beef Bouillon and water. I cooked it down until the turkey was cooked through. Then I added some reconstituted dried hash brown potatoes some olive oil and continued to cook. It would not form a patty like corned beef so I need to work on that. less coriander and bay leaf next time, otherwise this is the closest I have come and it was enjoyable.

View attachment 1647251

I use GF pre cooked pizza dough in a regular oven and it makes good pizza but it is no where near the pizza that comes out of our Pizza oven.
View attachment 1647253View attachment 1647254

To get pizza like this you need an 800°F floor temp, burning wood in the chamber, thin Pizza dough and thin toppings. The result is in a class of its own.

I have seen smaller versions of pizza ovens that offer these conditions while running on gas. That would be ideal.

Would love to have a full on one like yours! I had grand plans to build one when I moved here to Va a couple years ago. and now I'm on line looking at pre fab ones... :face: Maybe I should watch some build videos! My makeshift brick and large paver model works pretty well although not ergonomic at all

Would love to have a full on one like yours! I had grand plans to build one when I moved here to Va a couple years ago. and now I'm on line looking at pre fab ones... :face: Maybe I should watch some build videos! My makeshift brick and large paver model works pretty well although not ergonomic at all
Oh hell no, $7k latter and I would never do it again but those good ovens are $5k Maybe if I was young <50 I would try again :haha:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back