Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight all you TGIF Live Stoners.

I am still 20 pages back and I need a samich!

Hello all,

I’m growing in soil (Coast of Maine stonington blend) and recently I seem to have a problem with overwatering at transplant.

I’m upsizing well rooted solo cups into 2 gallon fabric pots and three or four days after transplant the pot is still super heavy, the soil still feels very moist and the plants are wilting and the leaves are much lighter in color.

Temps reach 80 during the day and 69/70 at night. The humidity is around 50%.

Can anyone share their watering for transplant tek? Is there a general rule of thumb like x gallons of water per y gallons of soil? Should I added smaller amounts of water over a longer period of time? I hear people say water until run-off, but if I did that my pots would never dry.

It’s quite frustrating. When I get the transplant right the plants take off on their own and mostly stay out of the way, but when I have these overwatering issues everything turns into an ordeal.

Thank You
There is a thing called stratification that can happen when two substrates are different. Did you remove the cup or just cut the bottom off? Well rooted or root bound? What media was in the cup? Well watered soil in a container with nothing growing in it can remain wet for a long while depending on the volume and container type. Yes your plants could be drowning but I doubt it. It is more likely a nutrient difference, or some other transplant shock. 50% RH is a low humidity for a transplant environment, 70% -80% would be better. I recommend steady as she goes and see if they snap out of it. Let that pot dry down to 50% of the water weight then water the whole pot just to runoff.

I recommend starting Autos in the pot they will grow in as an alternative method of germinating.

A dab of black silicone caulking will fix those light leaks or White Gorilla Duct Tape

@Lil Dab

1696631032924.gif

Is the wifey making u something fancy?? :eyebrows::d5:

A dab of black silicone caulking will fix those light leaks or White Gorilla Duct Tape
Lol i used the black gorilla tape on outside of my tent! I bought a used gorilla tent and it had a couple very tiny pinhole light leaks and gorilla offered to still repair or replace the skin even having bought used (since it was an authorized dealer i got it from) but i had plants growing at the time with no way to mail skin off! Told em i would contact em after they came down and forgot til it was almost a year from my initial contact bit he still made same offer! Free repair/replace or if I didn’t wanna mail it in and just deal with light leaks would do free accessories instead!

@Lil Dab

View attachment 1636897

Is the wifey making u something fancy?? :eyebrows::d5:

I was debating I mentioning it or not but not even close :doh: The girls and her went to the cottage for the last time this year to close up this weekend and took the dogs. So I'm rolling stag yeah pathetic I know.. You know what that means Pizza :backside::woody:

IMG_6799.jpeg

ok, so how much to g'head & jus deliver the rest o' that to my place-?....i mean, i hate to pull ya away on ur b-day & all, but i'll smoke ya out & everything, so....:biggrin: ppp

Now if you had dabs you might have me:lildab: I could pick up @PinkyNotTheBrain on the way :smokeout:

I was debating I mentioning it or not but not even close :doh: The girls and her went to the cottage for the last time this year to close up this weekend and took the dogs. So I'm rolling stag yeah pathetic I know.. You know what that means Pizza :backside::woody:

View attachment 1636902

Empty house is always sweet :woohoo1: Whenever the wife asks what I want for my birthday I usually say the same 3 things, and peace and quiet is 1 of those. But I usually just end up with a home depot gift card :crying:

Empty house is always sweet :woohoo1: Whenever the wife asks what I want for my birthday I usually say the same 3 things, and peace and quiet is 1 of those. But I usually just end up with a home depot gift card :crying:

Yeah I haven't gotten what I've asked for since we got married :rolleyes1::crying::crying::crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back