Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weeks my porch is a could qualify as a freeze drier. :pighug:

Thanks for the info. If I make some fresh sift, I'll leave it outside in a thin layer, and I'll bet it won't take long to dry. Have any suggestion on how to tell how dry it is?

I would think that dry sift from fresh frozen, and then dried super cold would make some pretty tasty stuff. Them terpenes are not going anywhere very quickly at -20C. :biggrin:
It's the tastiest thing I've ever had. Fresh frozen rosin is like what the plant smells like while it's flowering. It'll be dry like sand when it's dry. It's definitely a labor of love but it's absurdly tasty. I've just been hand plucking the lower buds off my plants and straight into a Ziploc into the freezer lately and I'll run again when I get a couple freezer bags full. Saves a ton of trimming time. Smoosh it through something like this to get it to break into tiny pieces to dry
PXL_20221025_021048549.jpg

That's awesome, definitely going to try dry sifting some then, thanks! Problem I had with mine was too dry and even using hot bottle and stone it was reeeealy hard to mold into temple balls.

Thinking fresh frozen sift will be perfect once I dry it a bit. And @Olderfart, I like your vision of laziness ahem...efficiency I mean. Going straight from harvest to the freezer and to hash and rosin sounds like it would save lots of time and space.

I'm going to have to join the press and vape club to keep up with my "growing" habit
:baked:
I've had some success and some not so much with temple balls and I think the issue is the amount of plant material that gets through. @WildBill uses bubble bowls that give the advantage of static electricity with makes the trichome heads stick to the bowls and the plant material to fall below. But, to me, if I've got any green or yellow in the hash, it's not gonna stick together :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back