Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, hoping for some Christmas Eve advice.

I have 4 different varieties of autoflower planted in 5 gallon buckets, all using the same potting soil I bought at lowes.

The last week they've started going yellow, and a different variety that I planted a week after them has actually surpassed them in size, because I was growing it in some soil I'd already used from a previous grow.

I tested the pH of the runoff from the buckets I'm having issues with.

View attachment 1549746

As you can see, wow, it was high! No wonder I'm seeing issues, they are probably having issues with nutrient uptake with the PH f'd up.

I typically water with filtered tap water pH'd to 6.0

I used a large commercial spray bottle, mixed up some water at 5.5. I used a cup to cover each plant and I misted the soil down really heavily with the water so it was nice an soaked, that way it wouldn't just run through really fast. Between the 4 pots, I went through about half a gallon of water. My though process being to try to gently bring down the soil pH, I didn't want to shock it too quickly.

View attachment 1549747

I now have much greener plants, but all of the leaves are curled up like that.

View attachment 1549748

Did I shock them with too acidic of water?

They do appear a lot greener than yesterday, so I'm hoping maybe I am on the right path to fixing the nutrient uptake issue?

View attachment 1549686

:crying:

Hubby....and me...have had this awkward battle with underwear and gravity for a while........... :pass: ...

he started off in briefs.....

Then boxers....for extra leg length........ooohhh......that didnt help much.........shudder...

Then form fitting boxers....that trapped it a Bit better....

Then long legged boxer...that are almost as long as his shorts.......:crying:

We were seriously considering bicycle clips at knee level........
{think a tangerine in a football sock..swinging...]

But...eventually...I Found some.....instead of being the Usual squash it flat against the groin type....the New ones have a Tackle box....

You lift it up and drop it in......no more slippage........no dropping out the bottom and snuggling up into your thighs like an angry old slug.......
Drop it in and Forget about it......

About as revolutionary as the Playtex bra....Lifts and Seperates.......he says they are the most Comfortable underwear he has ever worn.....

And I'm over the moon that he doesnt need to Show me every time they Do escape any more..........:yoinks:

Christmas Blessings............:crying:

Well, you can't say all that and not tell the name! Asking for a friend.... obviously.

Damn, it didn't post.....Ok, one more time.
Might want to post in the infirmary if you haven't already.....Take any of this as anecdotal and at your own risk.....if your leaves are drooping but stems are stiff, too much water...if leaves and stems are droopy, too little. Didn't see it mentioned if you were adding nutes yets, if not, about 4 weeks is all pre-mix is good for. Where is your water coming from, tap (well, city) bought etc?......for the most part measuring runoff is useless in soil from my experience, measure what goes in. With watering troubles, try it from both ends.....set your pots in a bigger tub, pour water in it, let it soak up over time......

I also just ran a soil pH test kit.

View attachment 1549754

Its around a 7, maybe a little higher. The color was greener in person in the test tube.
I would def get a ph pen ASAP! Forget the runoff tho dig a lil of the soil out the pot from down below the surface! Then test that if u wanna know ph of soil! Runoff isn’t a good test of that! :d5:

1671917685499.png

• ▲ MATERIAL AND SIZE: These Boxers for men are made of a soft bamboo fiber. So, underwear has good breathability, flexibility.
  • ▲BASIC MEN'S UNDERWEAR DESIGN: The double pocket in the front offers a hygienic environment for your private items. Men's long-legged underwear adds an extra bow tie on the front so you can go to the bathroom more comfortably. No stitching in the middle of the back that reduces uncomfortable sensations and embarrassing adjustments.
  • 95% Bamboo, 5% Elastane

Well, you can't say all that and not tell the name! Asking for a friend.... obviously.

@DCLXVI ........For your Friend...cough...Amazon...cough..cough.......:yeah:

Thanks man!

Yeah, so I definitely think that is why my gorilla cookies is doing so awesome, its in soil from a previous grow that gave me almost the exact same issues I'm seeing here.

I'll just pH the water at 6 and keep at it and hopefully it flushes out whatever is causing the high base.
Ignore my last message didn’t notice the ran a soil test kit part! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back