Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small RO system is next on my list, for the grow and for drinking, since spring water is $1.79 a gallon. I suppose it takes a couple of hours to run 10 gallons of RO water for a batch of nutes? I'm gonna have to figure out a way to shut it off automatically because I certainly won't remember.

It is totally worth the investment. I was carting jugs of RO/distilled from the store and the price creep was worth it very quickly. The RO buddy on Amazon from Aquatic Life is inexpensive and easy to use/setup. There is a 50, 75, and 100gpd version. The 75/100 look almost identical and I don't think they are different. Mine takes about 14min/gallon depending if anyone else is using water.

I highly recommend hooking it up behind a toilet as the conections there are pretty easy to connect and have a shutoff valve in case of leaks, F-ups, etc. The RO buddy uses 1/4" water lines. There is an angle stop valve diverter available at HD.

John Guest 1/4” Angle Stop Valve (ASVPP1LFD)

The larger systems 75/100 come with a float valve shutoff attachment. Several ways to plumb in the system if you decide to fill a bucket. Having a drain for the runoff is important. They unfortunately run a 1:3 ratio of RO to waste. There are better less wasteful systems but the price increase reflects that.

I usually just set a timer on my phone so I don't forget to turn it off.

1671760134022.gif

It is totally worth the investment. I was carting jugs of RO/distilled from the store and the price creep was worth it very quickly. The RO buddy on Amazon from Aquatic Life is inexpensive and easy to use/setup. There is a 50, 75, and 100gpd version. The 75/100 look almost identical and I don't think they are different. Mine takes about 14min/gallon depending if anyone else is using water.

I highly recommend hooking it up behind a toilet as the conections there are pretty easy to connect and have a shutoff valve in case of leaks, F-ups, etc. The RO buddy uses 1/4" water lines. There is an angle stop valve diverter available at HD.

John Guest 1/4” Angle Stop Valve (ASVPP1LFD)

The larger systems 75/100 come with a float valve shutoff attachment. Several ways to plumb in the system if you decide to fill a bucket. Having a drain for the runoff is important. They unfortunately run a 1:3 ratio of RO to waste. There are better less wasteful systems but the price increase reflects that.

I usually just set a timer on my phone so I don't forget to turn it off.
yup all I needed with the 100 GPD was a float valve then once it hits back presser on the clean outlet the waste stops.... I installed a hose spigot for shutoff and used the adapter that came with it :d5:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got my multiverse order on the Muchacha BOGO order today. Fast pain free delivery and I got 2 free seeds! The Fog Dog (auto fems) looks interesting absolutely no clue what Fruit(auto fems) by errors seeds is but I'm game to find out!
20221222_181216.jpg

Argh 2nd time now on the power!
We're supposed to get hit tomorrow night with 18-24" snow and wind gusts of 70+ MPH. When I got home the wife was cooking 3 pots of food in case the power goes out. I didn't bother to remind her that it's a gas stove and doesn't need power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back