Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10 maybe more years ago the P trap under the sink in the master bath sprung a leak. I tried to replace it but the pipe going into the iron pipe would not budge and I was afraid to apply more force than I was using, fearing I would break the pipe in the wall. I slathered up that leak with JB weld and it held until last week. I knew the job was above my skill set so I called a plumber $$$$$. It took him nearly an hour to get that old brass fitting that was leaded in, removed. I watched closely so I could learn. First he just cut most of the pipe off. Then with a reciprocating saw he carefully sawed parallel to the pipe inside in several places. Careful not to cut into any threads. Then with a hammer and chisel he bent one piece at a time inward patiently working around the pipe. Not twisting on the brass stub at all, he worked at getting it free to wiggle. Then he used some big ass pliers to grab one of the tabs he bent down and unscrewed it.

Since I knew I had a $$$$plumber$$$$ coming I bought a new faucet set and a hot water recirculating pump for him to install while he was at it. I can do this kind of finish work but my back might hurt for a month after - not worth it.

Ms. MOG loves having hot water at the tap all of the time. She keeps going in there and testing it because she is amazed. I think I may save enough money on my water bill to pay for this whole project in a couple of years. It used to take 4-5 minutes of running the hot water down the drain before it was warm enough to wash your face or brush your teeth. 3 seconds now in the master bath, 6 seconds in the hall bath and 3 seconds in the kitchen. So much wasted water 7 to 10 time a day in the bathrooms. The kitchen used to take a minute or so to get hot and now it is just seconds.

Happy Wife Happy life - Priceless.

IMG_20221213_163510710_HDR.jpg

Hows everyone tonight?
Decided to come in to work today to get an extra day in. Wish I hadnt. Training someone tonight, and as much as we need more people trained up, I absolutely hate training people. I get frustrated way too fast.

About 10 maybe more years ago the P trap under the sink in the master bath sprung a leak. I tried to replace it but the pipe going into the iron pipe would not budge and I was afraid to apply more force than I was using, fearing I would break the pipe in the wall. I slathered up that leak with JB weld and it held until last week. I knew the job was above my skill set so I called a plumber $$$$$. It took him nearly an hour to get that old brass fitting that was leaded in, removed. I watched closely so I could learn. First he just cut most of the pipe off. Then with a reciprocating saw he carefully sawed parallel to the pipe inside in several places. Careful not to cut into any threads. Then with a hammer and chisel he bent one piece at a time inward patiently working around the pipe. Not twisting on the brass stub at all, he worked at getting it free to wiggle. Then he used some big ass pliers to grab one of the tabs he bent down and unscrewed it.

Since I knew I had a $$$$plumber$$$$ coming I bought a new faucet set and a hot water recirculating pump for him to install while he was at it. I can do this kind of finish work but my back might hurt for a month after - not worth it.

Ms. MOG loves having hot water at the tap all of the time. She keeps going in there and testing it because she is amazed. I think I may save enough money on my water bill to pay for this whole project in a couple of years. It used to take 4-5 minutes of running the hot water down the drain before it was warm enough to wash your face or brush your teeth. 3 seconds now in the master bath, 6 seconds in the hall bath and 3 seconds in the kitchen. So much wasted water 7 to 10 time a day in the bathrooms. The kitchen used to take a minute or so to get hot and now it is just seconds.

Happy Wife Happy life - Priceless.

View attachment 1546609
I believe the proper saying is happy spouse happy house! That way both partys are smiling.

Purple Kong and the little light that could, a 2014 Solar Flare burple light!
100_0582.JPG
100_0583.JPG

Stinky as hell and greasy, buds keep building and firming up quite nicely.
She'll be moving into the 4x4 sometime in a couple of days after I chop Black Beauty and/or Fugue State.
I'll go ahead and support her. She's gathering all the light she can with this structure under this small footprint light. It will be interesting how she reacts to the HLG flame thrower.:smoking:

I hate being the bearer of bad news but I just talked to @Dabber He wanted me to tell all of you that he's doing ok got his liver stuff to deal with but Mrs.D has taken a turn for the worse he told me the other day she was in hospital not doing good with pneumonia and only 30% of her heart working and now tonight he is says things aren't getting any better she might not make it home:eek1::sadcry:... He won't be around for awhile and asked if I'd tell all of you Mrs.D would greatly appreciate all your hopes and prays :goodluck::vibes::karmacloud: :pass:

My girls and I are sending good karma for @Dabber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back