Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well peeps, coffee done, breakfast mostly done, -18C here, -2 on the ski hill. Guess where the dearest, the dog, and I are headed. Later eh? :pighug:

Yeah it's an important detail so I like to try to remember to mention it so people don't have to go through the same BS we did with them lol
Hmmm...I'm going to have to check my pellets lol.

This last time I germed seeds only one of 4 made it past germ and it died before the seed leaves even opened. :eek1:

Did everything the same as always so I just figured it was bad luck. The replacement seeds got planted in the pot and all grew fine :shrug:

literally laughing out loud hit me up probably could work something out with the first one but the 40' pacific
Dale, here's a welding story. My last S.America adventure was nearly half a century ago. An indigenous smuggler (RIP) bought the rotting hulk of a steel fishing boat near Buenaventura, Co. He hired local welders to re-plate the 80' hull, and then replaced all the bulkheads, web frames, deck, pilothouse... until it was a whole new boat. Stone-age marine engineering at its best! They mounted the Lister diesel welder in the engine room for a generator, and put in a Caterpillar diesel for propulsion. They welded enough tank capacity to steam 24/7 for 45 days at 12 knots. I guess the welders did a good job, because I weathered a November Nor'easter in it a few hundred miles off Cape Hatteras, while beach houses were getting washed away on shore, and freighters were foundering in the N.Atlantic. Our only damage from the storm was all the portholes got smashed on the port side, and the steel side of the pilothouse was stove in about 4" (15' above water). We had some injuries, but we survived to tell the tale. Bless those welders, the hull didn't spring nary a leak. I must have had a screw loose to sign up for that trip though.

Dale, here's a welding story. My last S.America adventure was nearly half a century ago. An indigenous smuggler (RIP) bought the rotting hulk of a steel fishing boat near Buenaventura, Co. He hired local welders to re-plate the 80' hull, and then replaced all the bulkheads, web frames, deck, pilothouse... until it was a whole new boat. Stone-age marine engineering at its best! They mounted the Lister diesel welder in the engine room for a generator, and put in a Caterpillar diesel for propulsion. They welded enough tank capacity to steam 24/7 for 45 days at 12 knots. I guess the welders did a good job, because I weathered a November Nor'easter in it a few hundred miles off Cape Hatteras, while beach houses were getting washed away on shore, and freighters were foundering in the N.Atlantic. Our only damage from the storm was all the portholes got smashed on the port side, and the steel side of the pilothouse was stove in about 4" (15' above water). We had some injuries, but we survived to tell the tale. Bless those welders, the hull didn't spring nary a leak. I must have had a screw loose to sign up for that trip though.
That's better then any welding story I got I honestly only been welding few years and just custom agricultural stuff.... Prior to this I was a AG/diesel mechanic at a tractor dealership but got sick of the corporate bull crap :pass:

It's amazing what the power of water can do. Pipe railings were bent when going around the Horn in their summer. We lost over 30 life rafts, but with waves crashing over the damn flight deck, I can understand that part of the damage. I also had damage to the crane. But bent railings just blows my mind.

It's amazing what the power of water can do. Pipe railings were bent when going around the Horn in their summer. We lost over 30 life rafts, but with waves crashing over the damn flight deck, I can understand that part of the damage. I also had damage to the crane. But bent railings just blows my mind.
I guess they usually bend 3" pipe with a hydraulic press. Not much surface area for water to grab hold of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back