Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting on a snow report from @Dale's Proper Bud. Here's my view of the garden:

nothing for me:crying: but if I go go 30 min either direction I will run into it:whew:
image.jpg

You can see the snow that came off the my buddy truck this morning but that’s it :cooldance:

Lake effect snow: when the wind blows over 100 miles of warmer lake water, picking up a lot of moisture, then drops it as snow when it hits land. A common local phenomenon at the East end of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.
:yeahthat: The wind plays a huge factor in where the snow falls this time of year I get missed since I’m on the south shore of Lake Ontario it tends dump right off the end of Lake Erie and Ontario this time of year but Normally later in the winter is when we really start getting the lake effect the north winds push it down more for me

I always volunteered to work holidays at fedex, even being on-call was triple time and by the time the weekend came around (during Christmas peak) I was usually over 60-70 hours already! Even during non peak season I seldom had under 50 hours a week! :headbang:
Well because of flu season Im not getting a paycheck at all this week, and because of that all my payroll deductions are gonna be doubled next week....ugh another reason I hate being THAT sick

Lake Erie is 241 miles long by 57 miles wide, and the prevailing SW wind blows the length of the lake toward Buffalo, NY. Here's what the band of lake effect snow looks like from downtown Buffalo looking out onto the eastern end of Lake Erie. It usually hits the southern suburbs the worst, like in this photo. The band of snow in the photo is marching from right to left. If the wind backs around a bit it nails the city proper:
lake-effect-snow1118.jpg

No Idea...but it is a new banner....so I have knocked it through to RP's for you.......... :headbang:
Dale was right once u open it if u click on the MVB name at top of screen it takes u to main page! It just doesn’t look like a link so didn’t realize it was clickable! :d5:

Lake effect snow: when the wind blows over 100 miles of warmer lake water, picking up a lot of moisture, then drops it as snow when it hits land. A common local phenomenon at the East end of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.
We get a lot of lake effect snow in wi right along lake Michigan. Its the worst snow ever too, usually wet and heavy.

@Jean-O. Genetics is having a sale too! Buy one get one free on all seed packs through Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back