Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never tried to produce my own seeds. Well not on purpose anyways🤣

But with seeds getting so expensive and strains occasionaly going extinct or hard to find i should give it a try

Question: F4 are usualy pretty homogenous. If i reverse one autofem to polinate another the resulting seeds shouldnt have too many different phenos, right?

If so It would be worth the sacrifice!
Do it. If the strain is actually a stable F4 (a big if sometimes, methinks), your results will be worthwhile. I've done it with a few strains, and have not been disappointed once. Be warned though, a label of F4 may not mean much, depending on who did the breeding and who applied the label.

For example, my results with Mephisto strains has been uniformly excellent, their high F number strains seem to be stable. OTOH, their current seed supply for 24 Carat seems to have a problem. One grower here grew three plants, all were dramatically different, and only one even slightly resembled the original 24 Carat strain that I and a few others here still work with. So either someone mixed up the seeds, or the current seed supply has been compromised by stray genetics. IMO of course.

Bottom line is that there is still a bit of a crap shoot, but if you are confident in the stability of the strain you want to duplicate, it is definitely worth doing. Good luck with it.

There are a few favorite strains i could try.

After grow and cure If i love the strawberry nuggets i could play with the extra seeds they sent.

Other autos that would be worth it FastBuds LSD24; Dinafem IP CBD; DP's NightQueen; lots of other contenders.

Heavyweight photo Strawberry Cheesecake is another love and about a dozen photos from Barneys that I absolutely love...

After grow and cure If i love the strawberry nuggets i could play with the extra seeds they sent.

Other autos that would be worth it FastBuds LSD24; Dinafem IP CBD; DP's NightQueen; lots of other contenders.

Heavyweight photo Strawberry Cheesecake is another love and about a dozen photos from Barneys that I absolutely love...
Night queen is on my list, but it has been out of stock where I shop lately. I'd like to include it in my grow next winter. My SN in this grow is just finishing up now, hopefully with a seeded branch on it. The jury is out on seeds though, I ran into trouble with the STS process, so the pollen was a bit late. However, I have SN pollen in the freezer for next year if needed - I have one more SN seed, so if I get a plant from it next grow, there will be seeds. :pighug:

I been slacking fer sure. I like to give folks a break from me, i aint quite right, LOL.
yup, been a bit quiet from your end mate. I might be suffering from giggle withdrawal. :pighug:

I grew Seedsman auto Strawberry Cheesecake a few grows ago and loved it. The flavour was excellent. Which breeder provided yours?

FB_IMG_1706831966468.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back