Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is the first for me. The humidity climbed to 73%. So when I got up this morning I scrubbed an aluminum tray and emptied the contents of the Grove bag onto the tray. Man, this weed is ridiculously sticky!

Is it the greasiness/stickiness That has kept this weed from drying down in a "normal" time frame?
I put the tray back in the walk in closet where the environment is 65 degrees with 61% humidity.
I'm going to be touchy feely later on today to evaluate the buds. I think at least 8 hours.

Any opinions?
Frank is right dude, also....is it a good idea to lay it down on a flat surface dude?....I mean if it's still damp.

Lower the humidity in your drying area….. you’re running the risk of mold right now.
Not really. The temperature would need to be several degrees higher. Someone posted a link to a chart with temperature and humidity and the likelihood of mold. It's still in the safe area.
But that's exactly why it's in a tray right now. I would have had mold if I'd left it in the bag.
I try to keep my dry room at 60/60. It has been extremely steady the past month. The last one I nailed quite well. It had a long dry also and when I put them in the bag they settled out finally to rat at 62
I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth with the nice long dry, but I'm pretty curious as to the reason why.. Is it because the flower is so damn resinous? The bud is just plain sticky as hell! The Stickiest so far for sure! By a fair amount also!

Not really. The temperature would need to be several degrees higher. Someone posted a link to a chart with temperature and humidity and the likelihood of mold. It's still in the safe area.
But that's exactly why it's in a tray right now. I would have had mold if I'd left it in the bag.
I try to keep my dry room at 60/60. It has been extremely steady the past month. The last one I nailed quite well. It had a long dry also and when I put them in the bag they settled out finally to rat at 62
I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth with the nice long dry, but I'm pretty curious as to the reason why.. Is it because the flower is so damn resinous? The bud is just plain sticky as hell! The Stickiest so far for sure! By a fair amount also!
Things will absolutely mold inside of a refrigerator…..

but, hey…. You asked for opinions.

Frank is right dude, also....is it a good idea to lay it down on a flat surface dude?....I mean if it's still damp.
It's not damp in as much as it is sticky. When you look up sticky icky in the dictionary there's that picture!:biggrin::crying:
I think he's just about to dude :crying: :crying: ...I keep checking back now......damn!....I am hiiiiiiiigh today hahaha:crying:
Yeah, I was up at 430AM....................... Didn't take my dose of oil last night before going to sleep.

So it was kiss the swordfish along with my coffee this morning.

Things will absolutely mold inside of a refrigerator…..

but, hey…. You asked for opinions.
The temperature in that room is a little high because of the door being opened and me being in there for a bit. 61% humidity is just 1% off ideal. The temperature in that room will come down to around 58 to 60 degrees Matter of fact it's 63 right now.
I thought 60/60 was the ideal for drying cannabis?:joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back