Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to my neighbor about the water issue in my office.

Its condensation. This place was built too friggin tight. The guy I bought it from way over-engineered things. Its insulated with not only R30 batts of insulation, but it also has 6" of hard foam insulation in the floor and ceilings, and 2" in the walls.

Then, I'm out here burpin and fartin' about 18 hours a day, and I've got 8 five gallon buckets of hydroponics bubbling away 24/7 along with some big ol' bushy weed plants giving up water to the air.

Humidity builds up, gets up into the ceiling, hits the cold roof and them bam, condenses and drips down the walls.

So instead of running my mini-split in heatpump mode, I'll just run a dehumidifier which will heat the place up while also extracting all that humidity out of the air.

Its a nice and balmy 77 out here now, which is great because my leg hurts like hell and the heat is fantastic on it.
I didnt realize that you had your setup in there. Ya thats a lot of interior humidity. You could line your room with plastic to stop moisture from getting up there. It could minimize how hard your dehumidifier has to work.

I didnt realize that you had your setup in there. Ya thats a lot of interior humidity. You could line your room with plastic to stop moisture from getting up there. It could minimize how hard your dehumidifier has to work.

Now that I know whats up, I'll be able to keep up with it.

During the summer the AC keeps the humidity down.

In the winter I'll just run the dehumidifier instead of the heat pump.

I like it when there's multiple crosses. Genetic roulette. "Here's my Blue Dream x White Widow x Girl Scout Cookies x Gorilla Glue, bruh. It's called Dreamy Widow Glue Cookies, bruh. Tests at 41% THC, bruh. Nothing but top shelf for this guy bruh. Couldn't help you noticing the rash on my neck from this hemp necklace threaded with puka shells I still wear from the late 90's, bruh. Sugar Ray was a great band bruh. Mark McGrath was an underrated musician bruh."

1704320027804.gif

Now that I know whats up, I'll be able to keep up with it.

During the summer the AC keeps the humidity down.

In the winter I'll just run the dehumidifier instead of the heat pump.
The walls in my garage used to sweat. Even with the A/C on in the summer depending on the weather outside and what's going on in my tent. Ceiling exhaust fan is what it took to totally stop it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back