Status
Not open for further replies.
variation exists.

mmm, don't i know it :doh: i inevitably alwayz get strainz that shoulda been described as -> "the smallest plant ever known to man":face:but....i digress :rolleyes2: :smokeit: ppp

That's kinda my point, hard to trust the claims of their genetic provenance when their other claims are so obviously bogus. At least mephisto's yield esitmates are pretty honest I think
I think the big thing that people don't understand is some of the cultivars that alot of companies claim to have are "clone only" .. so I think it comes down to do we trust they have the legit cuts of these hype cultivars or are they just jumping on the bandwagon. Cause according to mephisto it takes along time to turn a photo fully auto..

Interestingly enough; clones are actually the same way.

Even if clones are genetically identical with one another, they will not be identical in physical or behavioral characteristics, because DNA is not the only determinant of these characteristics. You don't just "get what's on the label." Six clone cuts from the same mom given to six different growers will quite likely all turn out differently, depending on the environment, how they are grown, nutrients, etc etc.

Last edited:
I think the big thing that people don't understand is some of the cultivars that alot of companies claim to have are "clone only" .. so I think it comes down to do we trust they have the legit cuts of these hype cultivars or are they just jumping on the bandwagon. Cause according to mephisto it takes along time to turn a photo fully auto..

I dislike when I see like Auto Northern Lights = Northern Lights Photo x Skunk Auto.

Um....no. Thats half skunk. I'm sure its good. But its no longer Northern Lights.

I dislike when I see like Auto Northern Lights = Northern Lights Photo x Skunk Auto.

Um....no. Thats half skunk. I'm sure its good. But its no longer Northern Lights.

That was pretty common in the earlier days of autoflowers; a lot of breeders took their one-trick pony and crossed it into everything.
Actually.
That's pretty common with photoperiods too. lol! Even to this day!

1000015773.jpg

That was pretty common in the earlier days of autoflowers; a lot of breeders took their one-trick pony and crossed it into everything.
Actually.
That's pretty common with photoperiods too. lol! Even to this day!

Yeah, I see a lot of breeders like that.

And even like Mephisto, where they just cross all their shit together for new "strains".

like how many of their strains are just their own stuff crossed with each other? At least half.

I get that it takes a lot of time and money to create a new strain.

And I'm perfectly happy paying $22 a seed from them for that work.

But I'm not particularly interested in paying that same price for them to just cross their existing genetics. I can do that at home.

Yeah, I see a lot of breeders like that.

And even like Mephisto, where they just cross all their shit together for new "strains".

like how many of their strains are just their own stuff crossed with each other? At least half.

I get that it takes a lot of time and money to create a new strain.

And I'm perfectly happy paying $22 a seed from them for that work.

But I'm not particularly interested in paying that same price for them to just cross their existing genetics. I can do that at home.

I like it when there's multiple crosses. Genetic roulette. "Here's my Blue Dream x White Widow x Girl Scout Cookies x Gorilla Glue, bruh. It's called Dreamy Widow Glue Cookies, bruh. Tests at 41% THC, bruh. Nothing but top shelf for this guy bruh. Couldn't help you noticing the rash on my neck from this hemp necklace threaded with puka shells I still wear from the late 90's, bruh. Sugar Ray was a great band bruh. Mark McGrath was an underrated musician bruh."

I like it when there's multiple crosses. Genetic roulette. "Here's my Blue Dream x White Widow x Girl Scout Cookies x Gorilla Glue, bruh. It's called Dreamy Widow Glue Cookies, bruh. Tests at 41% THC, bruh. Nothing but top shelf for this guy bruh. Couldn't help you noticing the rash on my neck from this hemp necklace threaded with puka shells I still wear from the late 90's, bruh. Sugar Ray was a great band bruh. Mark McGrath was an underrated musician bruh."

lol. When I first started growing I was reading a forum post somewhere and someone was trying to explain tri crosses. And making it out to be way more than just crossing something with an existing cross.

Like...did no one explain to you how the birds and the bees work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back