Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a heatmats thermostat probe be buried in the media to keep it the right temperature?
yes, if it is waterproof, and if the resulting swings in air temp are not too much for the foliage. Keep in mind that a thermostat controlled by a sensor in the medium will be very slow to react to heating. By the time the heat gets into the medium well enough to turn off the heat, the air temperature will be far higher, maybe high enough to do harm to foliage. It will almost certainly result in the air temperature getting way out of good VPD range. IMO, you may be better off using thermostatic control of the air temperature. If air temperature is controlled, the medium temperature will get there fine eventually as long as it is not affected by cold floor temperatures.

On balance, I would not try to control medium temperature without sophisticated controls to limit air temperature swings, and setting that up effectively may be difficult.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

What if I put the probe under the bag
Whats the probe look like? If its the standard metal probe u can stab the media with no worries bro! I had sensors stabbed into my earthbox soil for months on end without worry and every probe still works fine! As long as u don’t bury the probe super deep! :d5:

1710728942211.gif

Evening primates!

Since everyone posted dinner...I had a 10K calorie day!

Country fried sausage and egg biscuit with super creamy grits. Biscuits are huge!

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 10.21.07 PM.png

Shrimp po boy with tobasco lemon dress

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 10.20.52 PM.png

and just polished off a pint of Talenti!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back