Status
Not open for further replies.
@Frankthetank @SNOOKY @PinkyNotTheBrain

The shower valve stems turned out to be simple once I called a plumber! I had never seen that type before. Apparently, they are a proprietary American Standard valve called a Colony valve. The plumber is in his 50's and said it had been quite awhile since he had seen one.

Luckily, he a similar set in his van. They were slightly different than the existing ones, but was able to use the rubber gaskets and replace those onto the old ones.The seats were in good shape and didn't need to be changed. Pinky, you probably know what these are after seeing them

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 7.46.17 PM.png

As you can see in this pick of the valve, the valve just pulls out. (see next pic as well)

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.50.02 AM.png

That is the seat in the back of the tube. You can see the ring with the grooves. That part screws out and there is another little part in there as well. Make sure to check the seats to make sure they are good. They are very small and a normal seat wrench might be too big for it.
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 7.46.41 PM.png

So, was an easy fix that took five minutes once ya know what's goin on....

and then the rest of the happened...which sucked way worse!

@Frankthetank @SNOOKY @PinkyNotTheBrain

The shower valve stems turned out to be simple once I called a plumber! I had never seen that type before. Apparently, they are a proprietary American Standard valve called a Colony valve. The plumber is in his 50's and said it had been quite awhile since he had seen one.

Luckily, he a similar set in his van. They were slightly different than the existing ones, but was able to use the rubber gaskets and replace those onto the old ones.The seats were in good shape and didn't need to be changed. Pinky, you probably know what these are after seeing them

View attachment 1671211

As you can see in this pick of the valve, the valve just pulls out. (see next pic as well)

View attachment 1671212

That is the seat in the back of the tube. You can see the ring with the grooves. That part screws out and there is another little part in there as well. Make sure to check the seats to make sure they are good. They are very small and a normal seat wrench might be too big for it.
View attachment 1671213

So, was an easy fix that took five minutes once ya know what's goin on....

and then the rest of the happened...which sucked way worse!
Ya i see now... I was thinking that the interior brass ring past the ridged one that holds the handle was supposed to come out too so I thought it split inside

Ya i see now... I was thinking that the interior brass ring past the ridged one that holds the handle was supposed to come out too so I thought it split inside

Kinda hard to tell from pics, but yeah. Thought I had f'd it up when I pulled it out! :rofl: Most of my jobs were remodels, so takin stuff out, not fixing it! My plumber usually did that part unless it was a full house demo. Even then, always did a walk through with all the subs

Too sore to stay asleep. Had a hell of a day too. Musta dragged that sewer rod up 100 stairs today, had a clean out someone put in at head level, only access point so I had to lift the rod up on a table and feed it in above me, then digging. Gotta start early but I think if i get the repair done on the dig then im done for the day... Hopefully short n sweet
IMG_20240312_130842611_HDR.jpg

Too sore to stay asleep. Had a hell of a day too. Musta dragged that sewer rod up 100 stairs today, had a clean out someone put in at head level, only access point so I had to lift the rod up on a table and feed it in above me, then digging. Gotta start early but I think if i get the repair done on the dig then im done for the day... Hopefully short n sweetView attachment 1671214

I feel for ya man! Your health shit is a biotch! Hopefully goes nice and smooth for ya! Thanks for chiming in on my issues! Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back