Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in an Ardent, you're saying you can use the infuse cycle to infuse the oil and then use the decarb setting?
I don't know if that would work or not man! It seems like it would. The Ardent would bring up the temperature of the oil to decarb, I just don't know if you would want to subject the oil to those temperatures. And I don't know if they are that much different. Send a question to Ardent!

Either my MCT Oil or my coconut oil don't taste like it's been toasted.

I kinda like the slightly roasted weed taste. Might just be because I'm used to it :shrug:But I feel like it's pretty easy to add spices and things that go with it for baked goods. Might want the raw flower flavor for gummies though :bong:

What's your ratio of herbs to oil?
Pretty simple.
I fill up the Ardent FX with flower, decarb and then add enough MCT oil to cover it and infuse.

That's usually pretty damn strong! If I wanted it any stronger I would decarb more flour and then use the oil from the first cycle and infuse it again. I definitely haven't felt the need to do that.

That's why my coconut oil is much more powerful. Even though the material that I use is from my dry ice shake, there is still plenty left in the material. I fan dry all my worked material and then I decarb it and infuse it. That oil will go through several infusion cycles until I am finished with the worked material.

That coconut oil is relatively strong tasting(Canna taste), but definitely not offensive in any way.
That coconut oil is extremely powerful! I gave my buddy a big stick of it About two years ago and he still hasn't finished it. He's actually a little bit scared of it. He took a ride with a green dragon and it kind of bit him in the butt. He and his wife are new parents and he couldn't take care of the baby!
The biggest thing with it is storing it in the refrigerator. Naturally it's solid and that's where the dosage problem occurs. Without actually weighing it, there's not really an accurate way to dose. Your eyeballs can fool the hell out of you! :crying: I keep mine in the plastic jars the oil came in and I use a fork to scrape it up and then shake the results into my cup or rice or whatever. The dropper with the MCT oil is just an easier and consistent way to dose.

I really need to start using it Again! I have a very large store of it in the refrigerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back