Status
Not open for further replies.
yo check this out..

Those cure lids are interesting, but they need some improvements. Instead of turning on/off based on a timer, they should hook it up to the humidity sensor. A new harvest is releasing so much moisture vapor during the first couple of weeks that it needs a lot more air exchange than 1 minute every 6 hours. It's also too loud.

My homemade cure lid runs off an Inkbird humidity control so it gets unlimited air exchange during the initial drying. It turns on a 2" muffin fan when RH goes up, and off when RH goes down to where I want it. Over a couple of weeks it turns on less and less as it approaches target RH. I've been setting it at 63% RH, and when the fan stops coming on I know it's time to jar. Of course it has to be in an appropriate environment, like 65°F and 60%RH to be at its best. It's just a 2" muffin fan, humidity controller, and 2" exhaust valve. I didn't think of putting it on a bucket lid, I've been running it on a 13-gallon trash bag with the weed hanging inside. Pretty crude so far, but with automated drying/burping I've been getting much better cures (and better sleep):

auto-burp.jpg auto-burp-bag.jpg

Welcome OF no problem glad you found something that works for you I don't know anything about that device. :lildab::headbang:
I played around a bit more with it last night, and I am less impressed than initially. The flavour is poor, at least I think it is - to me it tastes burnt, and even with a brand new coil and trying to keep the temp low by heating only for short puffs, I still could not avoid the burnt flavour. Given that the heat is applied by a fine tungsten wire, perhaps this design can't avoid overheating the rosin. It is possible that the rosin I was playing with is poor, I'll reserve judgement until I try a couple other strains. :shrug:

Morning Kittens. Looks to be a nice day here, hope you'alls weather is at least tolerable where ever you are. Those fruity pebble treats are spot on for dosage, I was a tad messed up last night. One delivery today and see what edibles I can sell. As soon as wife got her coffee this morning she let me know she needed more brownies, again... I'm gonna have to grow more weed just to keep her supplied. :smokeit:

I played around a bit more with it last night, and I am less impressed than initially. The flavour is poor, at least I think it is - to me it tastes burnt, and even with a brand new coil and trying to keep the temp low by heating only for short puffs, I still could not avoid the burnt flavour. Given that the heat is applied by a fine tungsten wire, perhaps this design can't avoid overheating the rosin. It is possible that the rosin I was playing with is poor, I'll reserve judgement until I try a couple other strains. :shrug:

The only electric vape I have for bud makes everything taste like burnt popcorn, no matter how strong of a flavor it has.

My buddy made cookies with the canna butter I'd given him I made from trim. Said they were awesome.
The brownies are great, no weed smell or taste at all. The crispy treats do have a taste to them but I find it slightly pleasant actually and it doesn't linger at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back