Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not figure out these leaks in my office.
20240102_154355.jpg

20240102_154405.jpg

It has a metal roof. Its not rained in several days. But these damn things are dripping. And the one next to my Air conditioner didn't start until today!

My only guess is that its humidity related. I started keeping it a few degrees warmer out here than before because I was having joint pain, and then this happens. I got up on the roof and I do not see any issues, I sealed a bunch of roof screws that were maybe possibly leaking but definitely not enough to cause that.

I think the wood soaked up humidity, and when I turned the heat up it started letting it out. Running a dehumidifier for a few days to see if that makes any improvement.

Found my bubble bowls, still looking for the Buckner funnel I was making. Wife still bitchin about wasted freezer space full of trim. Guess that's on the agenda soon.
Still drying shrooms of course.
Get siftin/screening, a quiet house is important at your age.

View attachment 1656975

View attachment 1656976

It has a metal roof. Its not rained in several days. But these damn things are dripping. And the one next to my Air conditioner didn't start until today!

My only guess is that its humidity related. I started keeping it a few degrees warmer out here than before because I was having joint pain, and then this happens. I got up on the roof and I do not see any issues, I sealed a bunch of roof screws that were maybe possibly leaking but definitely not enough to cause that.

I think the wood soaked up humidity, and when I turned the heat up it started letting it out. Running a dehumidifier for a few days to see if that makes any improvement.
Do u have a central air unit up top there? I had my drain pipe clog once and the tray my unit was sitting in, up in the crawlspace over flowed and did some serious ceiling damage.

Do u have a central air unit up top there? I had my drain pipe clog once and the tray my unit was sitting in, up in the crawlspace over flowed and did some serious ceiling damage.

Nope, just a mini split, and it drains to the ground.

There is no water lines or anything, there should be no reason for a leak at all. The entire building is only like 8 or 9 years old, a friend of mine built it. The only issue I think is we had it moved via a big flat bed truck (its 12'x28', just small enough to do that) and I guess it caused enough movement to cause some leaks, maybe? But its been on my property for 5 years and its only now starting to leak.

My guess is, prior to me having my office out here, my dad lived in it. And he heated it with a propane wall mount heater and kept it somewhere around 90 degrees all winter. It was completely unbearable to be out here, but he had thin blood and loved it. And he paid for the propane, so whatever. With the heat cranked, no humidity built up. Now I'm keeping it in the mid-60s and the wood is soaking up all the dampness from the shitty rainy cold weather.

Nope, just a mini split, and it drains to the ground.

There is no water lines or anything, there should be no reason for a leak at all. The entire building is only like 8 or 9 years old, a friend of mine built it. The only issue I think is we had it moved via a big flat bed truck (its 12'x28', just small enough to do that) and I guess it caused enough movement to cause some leaks, maybe? But its been on my property for 5 years and its only now starting to leak.

My guess is, prior to me having my office out here, my dad lived in it. And he heated it with a propane wall mount heater and kept it somewhere around 90 degrees all winter. It was completely unbearable to be out here, but he had thin blood and loved it. And he paid for the propane, so whatever. With the heat cranked, no humidity built up. Now I'm keeping it in the mid-60s and the wood is soaking up all the dampness from the shitty rainy cold weather.
Could be like u said, a condensation issue. My A/C vents are in the ceiling, I get dripping from them when the crawlspace gets cold, the heat rises up into the vents and hits that metal ducking, and drip drip drip.

Could be like u said, a condensation issue. My A/C vents are in the ceiling, I get dripping from them when the crawlspace gets cold, the heat rises up into the vents and hits that metal ducking, and drip drip drip.

Yeah, my master bathroom, the fart fan will drip on you after a hot shower, the hot moist air goes up into the hose in the attic that goes to the soffit vent, condenses and then drips back down. Only does it when its cold out, of course.

View attachment 1656975

View attachment 1656976

Chasing water leaks is a right pain in the a$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back