Status
Not open for further replies.
I just turned a can of peas into a bowl of canna peas!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Not just any peas will do! I'm pretty picky with my peas!:eyebrows::biggrin:
I'm picky since I don't grow them anymore. I used to make a "Mess of peas" quite often when I was growing them. Get a big bowl of peas, a big chunk of fresh buttered cornbread with a glass of cold milk, and you have yourself quite fine meal! It's how a lot of poor people and slaves survive for a very long time! There's a pretty good reason for it too! It's very nutritional and it tastes good!
There's many kinds but they're all called Cow peas as a group. That's because they were planted as cattle fodder!
I have my favorites for growing and I have my favorites for eating. The reason the two are not the same is because the best tasting is the most difficult to harvest, but not to grow.
I love Crowders for their ease of harvest and quite abundant production. These peas are named for their condition inside the shell. The peas look crowded or mushed together. They are still very tasty !

My favorite pea to eat is the Field pea. It's a very small dark brown pea. And you usually end up with a fair amount of green snaps. They are just very difficult to shell. Now the machines really work. But I think they're well worth it if you grow them.

OK enough rabbit hole.

This canned Field Pea Is good enough that all I have to do is add a little bit of garlic. I add garlic to everything though.
While, it's not really close to what I used to make with fresh, it's close enough to satisfy the craving................ Especially a picky pea eater!:cools::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::haha::haha::haha::haha:

It's very representative of the Southern style of cooking these peas.

I got the idea for Canna Peas, When I spied my jar of green dragon coconut oil behind the butter, not real butter but Smart Balance Omega. I hadn't left that Green Dragon to have the refrigerator in quite a few months. That stuff is potent as hell! It's been infused many many many many many times. It's relatively strong tasting but not bad not bad at all really. I scraped up quite a bit, since naturally it's in a solid form in the refrigerator. Just gaging by how much was in the spoon, it's pretty good dose!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: It should be a nice little ride!
Now this actually is the first time I have tested out of this jar since the last round of infusions. This is from my reworked material from dry ice hash making. Since I shake only for quality, there is still a hell of a lot of Medicine still left in my material. I'm pretty positive that this is from mostly the CBD, CBG, and the THC CBD 1:1. I used an already pretty stout we had a coconut oil as the base for the last infusion and just made up from the loss of each round of infusion. It's definitely way different than what I started with!:funny::funny::funny::funny::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Anyway here's that picture y'all been waiting on! Get these peas!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

145oz_ss_fieldpeassnaps_4-30-18.png

I knew what u meant buddy but i could tell he was talking about the process of making the RSO which u don’t want acetone anywhere in the vicinity! :d5:
Well, to be fair... the original Rick Simpson RSO recipe did use Naptha which isn't much better than acetone. However, out of basic health and safety concerns, nobody really uses naptha anymore including, I believe, Rick Simpson.

Next time definitely gonna get the 99% isopropyl instead of 91%, which is all I could find locally. Getting that water out of it was a pain, and I think I could have reduced it further, but it was sticking all over the pan, so I just had to make a judgement call.

That was roughly 3 plants worth of trim.

But I definitely like it as a method for using up a whole bunch of trim all at once. And you can use the RSO for edibles, or just by its self on a cracker, or whatever.
91%. :nono:

Yeah, like Mustard gas is just ammonia and bleach...

Well, to be fair... the original RSO recipe (from the 70s) did use Naptha which isn't too different from acetone. However, out of basic health and safety concerns, nobody uses naptha anymore including Rick Simpson.
Lucky for me i can buy everclear like 7min up the street! :eyebrows::headbang::cooldance:

Yeah, like Mustard gas is just ammonia and bleach...

Well, to be fair... the original RSO recipe (from the 70s) did use Naptha which isn't too different from acetone. However, out of basic health and safety concerns, nobody uses naptha anymore including Rick Simpson.

I thought naptha was boyscout water.

This stuff

1708215966032.png

Ya man 99.99% food grade stuff is cool but u damn sure don’t use the stuff off the shelf for $3 at walmart! I realize u don’t use much at a time but still shouldn’t ingest that stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back