Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first home I've had With it and I really like it. It did withstand that Arctic freight train we had coming through here February a couple years ago!
Some did freeze up but they didn't bust !

Edit................................ And mine is a manifold system.
Our house in Maine was full pex, with the manifold…. And I was very happy with it. Never even worried about freezing…

This house really needs to be done… you can see under the house where its been repaired several times over the years, several types of materials..:pass:

Welp…. The fookin patch the city used to patch my water line failed…. Seems it’s been leaking into the yard for a couple weeks :doh: Not a ton of water, and at least it’s localized to one spot about the size of a basketball….. but now it’s on my dime to get fixed apparently…. Damn government :cuss::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I weighed my options as to who I would like to pay more…… the nice plumbers that I’m pretty sure smoke weed…… or the bail bondsman I’ll need to get me outta the slammer for assaulting a city worker.

It was a harder decision than it should have been to tell you the truth, but I decided to pay plumbers….:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Now let’s hope all this water didn’t open up a sink hole to middle earth…..
Sprung a leak here a few years ago. Hired a guy who installs septic systems. They put a sleeve/patch over the hole. Only indication of the leak….the $$$$ water bill. Hope yours isn’t painful.

I would be very happy to end up in that ballpark….

Question…. Did they replace starting at the meter, or where it enters the house? :pass:
Haven't had them do it yet but we're on well water. So it would be starting from the pump inside the basement. After the sediment filter actually, which is right next to the pump and connected with pex already :pass:

Haven't had them do it yet but we're on well water. So it would be starting from the pump inside the basement. After the sediment filter actually, which is right next to the pump and connected with pex already :pass:
I assume the fact I need the entire line replaced from the meter forward will probably double the price…. All the digging and what not.

Sprung a leak here a few years ago. Hired a guy who installs septic systems. They put a sleeve/patch over the hole. Only indication of the leak….the $$$$ water bill. Hope yours isn’t painful.
Yeah I’m hoping the water bill won’t be too bad…. But I suppose it is what it is at this point..

How are you doing, my friend? :pass:

I assume the fact I need the entire line replaced from the meter forward will probably double the price…. All the digging and what not.
I got no idea. @PinkyNotTheBrain deportment. I did rent half a big old Victorian house years ago and they redid all the inside stuff in about 4 hours with 2 guys. But that's all I got for pex knowledge :bong:

Floraflex has 50L bags of 70/30 coco on sale for 65% off with free shipping. Like $13/bag. Washed, not buffered. I've really liked their straight coco :headbang:
View attachment 1665762

Got 4 bags of that stuff for about the same price I was ordering plain bags of coco but they ended up being out of stock so they asked if they could send that stuff instead and at the time it was more money not on sale. I said sure saves me adding my perlite and no extra cost for me. I'll be using it some of it soon
IMG_8824.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back