Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in Aurora for a couple of years, I remember this little record store called Wax Trax that had a great selection
Did they used to do the used records thingy. Used to love digging thru all the used vinyl and trying to find some cool shit in decent condition!!
With the fold out posters !!

Everyone remembers Tower Records? Tower Records bags were banned on Subase Pearl. They looked waaaaay too close to RadCon bags. They were for various small radioactive material. Tower Record bags were the same color with same color writing.
It came to a head when some little smart ass left one with a box in a bag along side of the pier, close to the RadCon barge. It was the day a big foreign dignitary was to tour the base with the Admiral of US Pacific Fleet.

No, it wasn't me!
That's it deny deny deny!!!

If my friend Rocky was in the oven would I turn in the gas like this.....

advilattrNOTH.jpg

I was a 30 day wonder at the union hall . We were taught to so we could weld supports/kindorf for pipe racks to Ibeams/building steel. Ended up welding up my buddy's canoe one day cause all the rivets were leaking. Asked my old instructor about it with my mig (and argon). He told me back up my work with an heavy piece of old copper bus bar. Worked like a charm hahaha cause that sort of welding was WAY above my skill level.
welding a canoe is well beyond my skills too... I'll bet I could blow a few holes through one with my w :biggrin: ire feed rig though. TIG is the tool for that fine stuff. I'd love to have a machine, but it isn't going to happen.

Gotta go to the doc today to get the stitches out from the surgery on my ear. The problem is that I've been fighting an infection they gave me during the operation. It's still swollen, discolored and slowly weeping.
I kept the bandage on 24 like they said. It was bad when I took it off. I put the bandage back on at went to town to get fresh stuff to fight it. Got in the shower, so I could hit it with flowing water to wash away the nasty gunk and soften the dried crud. I'd clean it and dress it. Ive done that for two friggin weeks every day.

$5 says they'll blame me.

Gotta go to the doc today to get the stitches out from the surgery on my ear. The problem is that I've been fighting an infection they gave me during the operation. It's still swollen, discolored and slowly weeping.
I kept the bandage on 24 like they said. It was bad when I took it off. I put the bandage back on at went to town to get fresh stuff to fight it. Got in the shower, so I could hit it with flowing water to wash away the nasty gunk and soften the dried crud. I'd clean it and dress it. Ive done that for two friggin weeks every day.

Let them play what ever blame game (if their heads to big to admit they fucked up) they want but they better freaking fix it.

:peace: :passit:

welding a canoe is well beyond my skills too... I'll bet I could blow a few holes through one with my w :biggrin: ire feed rig though. TIG is the tool for that fine stuff. I'd love to have a machine, but it isn't going to happen.
When we liquidated our shop equipment after closing the shop, I sure wished I could have taken my welders and plasma cutter with me. They were top of the line and made welding so much easier to get quality work done. I just didn't have the room in my trailer and truck.
At least with the random jobs I've done since, the people have had great equipment for me to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back