Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember @Fermented_Fruitz talking about those inline filters not doing a whole lot ... IMO I think you'd be better off getting a cheap RO system and be much further ahead then with that filter... @RosaB Hopefully someone smarter then will chime in but cutting the water 50/50 or until it is <150-200ppm is the best thing to do... I did that with my tap before getting a RO system and it worked great no filter needed just cut tap with distilled BUT it got pricey and tiresome lugging water jugs .. MY water is about as bad as it come 400+ ppm High ph high alkalinity :d5::pass:
Thank you!:bow: It looks like I need to do something. I can't even put kitchen knives in the dishwasher without them getting rust spots.

I've been goofing with those larger crockpot cookers with spaghetti sauce recipes trying to dial my grandmothers in.
The issue for me was hours and hours of checking and stirring to prevent burning plus I'm stuck with an electric stove.
She always added a medium onion to the fry pan that's gonna create a big debate depending on your family but it makes for a sweeter sauce. My wife's mother's from the same region (Abruzzi) and she'd never in a million years do that.
Anyways onion garlic in liberal amount of good olive oil in a cast iron fry pan . Just DON'T burn em then you can set those aside in goes your meat.
Sausages, meatballs (but that's a whole nother debate.. size salt pork ) and maybe 1 piece chicken with the skin and that's gonna completely change your sauce ( my grandmother never would, my mother in law never wouldn't hahaha). Any ways brown the outside of the meat (ignoring the whole fried meatball thingy)
Transfer the meat to crockpot. Put garlic onion back in fry pan add 1 small can paste and and an equal amount of water. Mix good get everything outta the pan into the crockpot. Add 1 large can (crushed) San Maranzano tomato's and 1 large can chopped San Maranzano which you wanna crush with your hand.
Put it in high till it's just bubbling put it on low so it simmers. Toss in fresh parsley (maybe a little bit of fresh basil you can add more but you can't take it out after), salt pepper to taste.
Let it go 5 to 6 more hours leave the top off a tad let a little water out.
You can try 1 tablespoon (tops) red wine that's gonna completely change the taste too so if your unsure do a teaspoon at a time but that right near the end.
The cool part is you can kinda walk away.
You do gotta pull the meat way earlier once it's cooked so it don't turn to freaking mush.
It's all to taste Ive tried it a couple ways I don't like adding the wine if I have a piece of chicken in there personally.
The wine for me is a must if your gonna do a marinara though....

Oh ya and Rosa just reminded me a tiny pinch of crushed red pepper

Last edited:
I finally got everything for my meters, and a test kit for good measure.
View attachment 1557824
The tds meter was bouncing around between 308 and 310, and google says that is super hard water. Will that affect my grow? Maybe that's why the last cheese looked awful?:rolleyes1:
Yes! That's hard water and will affect your grow.
If I were in your shoes with that water, I'd do a RO set up and grow organically in EarthBoxes and not worry a moment about my pH and adjusting it. I'd just check weekly the input water for hardness. It can matter what her is composed of, if she's in Texas, there's nothing that will hurt with RO,......grown organically.

Best of all, it's really pretty simple. Once the second top dressing is applied, it's pretty much a water only with a short dry between rez fills. You can add ferments like EM1 to the rez water at once a week to keep the rez pretty and clean with bennies to the root system.

I think it's easier. It is somewhat I've been about my entire life.....ever since I could walk, I was helping GrandMa in her garden or flower bed/herb beds. The quality of the smoke is unreal and a large part goes to being organic. I think with this system, it gives the plant the opportunity to fully express itself in being able to select the nutes it needs to produce the various cannabinoids that the plant is genitally destined to produce.
Quality soil is a must, although the top dressings are fairly well varied, it's not complicated at all. Carefully selected ingredients that work well with each other. Just like in nature, diversity is key to good plant health. Multiple sources for nutes will get the bases covered.
The diversity is also very key in the microscopic flora and fauna. They are your garden helpers...we all need help!
Right now, I use Dynomoco and Recharge w/molasses in my media that mixed in a tote. The Recharge water is used to bring up your media's moisture levels to the proper range. That's the only time I now inoculate, other than the EM1 in the rez. I would hit it if I lifted the cover and wasn't happy with the activity. It would be with some good live compost and/or fresh minimally process worm castings.......preferably your own......as an infusion with different microbes and more of the larger bennies like compost mites and good predators.

Am I partial? YUP! Is it sorta spiritual? Yup! I'd just rather let nature try and figure out what it needs to grow this plant, if I give her some good choices to pick from and keep things comfortable.

It really is a very easy method of growing canna that can be done VERY simply and not labor-intensive at all.

Yeah...........I'm HIGH AF! So what? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Had to black it out, dont want to be accused of political bs. Cause its funny either way.

View attachment 1557823
Insert random face next time ;)
604FB120-8C08-4F33-ABDE-1E7A84093B55.jpeg

I've been goofing with those larger crockpot cookers with spaghetti sauce recipes trying to dial my grandmothers in.
The issue for me was hours and hours of checking and stirring to prevent burning plus I'm stuck with an electric stove.
She always added a medium onion to the fry pan that's gonna create a big debate depending on your family but it makes for a sweeter sauce. My wife's mother's from the same region (Abruzzi) and she'd never in a million years do that.
Anyways onion garlic in liberal amount of good olive oil in a cast iron fry pan . Just DON'T burn em then you can set those aside in goes your meat.
Sausages, meatballs (but that's a whole nother debate.. size salt pork ) and maybe 1 piece chicken with the skin and that's gonna completely change your sauce ( my grandmother never would, my mother in law never wouldn't hahaha). Any ways brown the outside of the meat (ignoring the whole fried meatball thingy)
Transfer the meat to crockpot. Put garlic onion back in fry pan add 1 small can paste and and an equal amount of water. Mix good get everything outta the pan into the crockpot. Add 1 large can (crushed) San Maranzano tomato's and 1 large can chopped San Maranzano which you wanna crush with your hand.
Put it in high till it's just bubbling put it on low so it simmers. Toss in fresh parsley (maybe a little bit of fresh basil you can add more but you can't take it out after), salt pepper to taste.
Let it go 5 to 6 more hours leave the top off a tad let a little water out.
You can try 1 tablespoon (tops) red wine that's gonna completely change the taste too so if your unsure do a teaspoon at a time but that right near the end.
The cool part is you can kinda walk away.
You do gotta pull the meat way earlier once it's cooked so it don't turn to freaking mush.
It's all to taste Ive tried it a couple ways I don't like adding the wine if I have a piece of chicken in there personally.
The wine for me is a must if your gonna do a marinara though....
That sounds so good! I do big sauce batches too, but put in lots of wine and at least one package of hot Italian sausage

That sounds so good! I do big sauce batches too, but put in lots of wine and at least one package of hot Italian sausage
Is there any other kind of sausage???

My wife does 4 to 5 gals at a time and freezes it in batches the right size for 1 lb of macaroni

Thank you!:bow: It looks like I need to do something. I can't even put kitchen knives in the dishwasher without them getting rust spots.
Your water is extremely hard! U need an RO system and maybe even a water softener in front of it but it will cause Ca/Mg overdose issues at that level! Then can cause lockouts of other nutes! Til i have an RO system here i refill water jugs at walmart for $.39 each! I know peeps have complained about those stations but i ppm test my jugs and they are always between 2-16ppm! May be because the station at my Walmart is used so much by peeps manhandling it so gets broken often and they make sure filters etc are clean when they come to fix em! If I remember correctly going off 300ppm guesstimate i gave MOG he said i would need to kill the chloramine and then dilute it down at a rate of 4 jugs RO to 1 of tap so obv wasn’t gonna do all that to save myself 1 $.39 jug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back