Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RosaB, my water was coming in around 400-420, so I got a hose filter (called clean water fun, that tip was given me by a grower over at Mendels) and fill up a 5 gall with it, let that set 24 hrs then cut the water with distilled water 50/50, then ph it. I think a little cal mag helps with mine too. I am in no way an expert, im just telling you what I have done now on several grows and it seemed to help my issues. The water is super shitty down here.

I remember @Fermented_Fruitz talking about those inline filters not doing a whole lot ... IMO I think you'd be better off getting a cheap RO system and be much further ahead then with that filter... @RosaB Hopefully someone smarter then will chime in but cutting the water 50/50 or until it is <150-200ppm is the best thing to do... I did that with my tap before getting a RO system and it worked great no filter needed just cut tap with distilled BUT it got pricey and tiresome lugging water jugs .. MY water is about as bad as it come 400+ ppm High ph high alkalinity :d5::pass:

Last edited:
Man what did those things dress out at? Is the meat better when that big vs smaller. Lived on a farm once for a summer outside savannah Ga. They shot a pig cleaned it then built a huge pit in the ground burnt down a bunch of wood and covered it with leaves and grass then I think some dirt then more leaves and grass with the pig in the middle of that I think then dirt and left it to cook for a long time (somewhere around 72 memories hazy) Man was that good!

I remember @Fermented_Fruitz talking about those inline filters not doing a whole lot ... IMO I think you'd be better off getting a cheap RO system and be much further ahead then with that filter... @RosaB Hopefully someone smarter then will chime in but cutting the water 50/50 or until it is <150-200ppm is the best thing to do I did that with my tap before getting a RO system and it worked great no filter needed just cut tap with distilled BUT it got pricey and tiresome lugging water jugs .. MY water is about as bad as it come 400+ ppm High ph high alkalinity :d5::pass:
ive got high alkaline too, mine is coming in about 8-8.5, that filter helps to take out a lot of the contaminents and hard particles because reading taken after that a much lower, supposed to take out the flouride as well, who knows though, I havent done any analysis of that to find out, I let is set to evaporate any residual chlorine that wasnt taken care of by the filter.

Man what did those things dress out at? Is the meat better when that big vs smaller. Lived on a farm once for a summer outside savannah Ga. They shot a pig cleaned it then built a huge pit in the ground burnt down a bunch of wood and covered it with leaves and grass then I think some dirt then more leaves and grass then dirt and left it to cook for aong time. Man was that good!
lol those arent mine, just random pics pulled off the internet to show how giant feral hogs are in texas. I dont shoot pigs, I cuddle with them. Im pretty soft when it comes to animals. Id have to be hard pressed for food to take an animal like that.

lol those arent mine, just random pics pulled off the internet to show how giant feral hogs are in texas. I dont shoot pigs, I cuddle with them. Im pretty soft when it comes to animals. Id have to be hard pressed for food to take an animal like that.
Those were huge!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back