Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! That's hard water and will affect your grow.
If I were in your shoes with that water, I'd do a RO set up and grow organically in EarthBoxes and not worry a moment about my pH and adjusting it. I'd just check weekly the input water for hardness. It can matter what her is composed of, if she's in Texas, there's nothing that will hurt with RO,......grown organically.

Best of all, it's really pretty simple. Once the second top dressing is applied, it's pretty much a water only with a short dry between rez fills. You can add ferments like EM1 to the rez water at once a week to keep the rez pretty and clean with bennies to the root system.

I think it's easier. It is somewhat I've been about my entire life.....ever since I could walk, I was helping GrandMa in her garden or flower bed/herb beds. The quality of the smoke is unreal and a large part goes to being organic. I think with this system, it gives the plant the opportunity to fully express itself in being able to select the nutes it needs to produce the various cannabinoids that the plant is genitally destined to produce.
Quality soil is a must, although the top dressings are fairly well varied, it's not complicated at all. Carefully selected ingredients that work well with each other. Just like in nature, diversity is key to good plant health. Multiple sources for nutes will get the bases covered.
The diversity is also very key in the microscopic flora and fauna. They are your garden helpers...we all need help!
Right now, I use Dynomoco and Recharge w/molasses in my media that mixed in a tote. The Recharge water is used to bring up your media's moisture levels to the proper range. That's the only time I now inoculate, other than the EM1 in the rez. I would hit it if I lifted the cover and wasn't happy with the activity. It would be with some good live compost and/or fresh minimally process worm castings.......preferably your own......as an infusion with different microbes and more of the larger bennies like compost mites and good predators.

Am I partial? YUP! Is it sorta spiritual? Yup! I'd just rather let nature try and figure out what it needs to grow this plant, if I give her some good choices to pick from and keep things comfortable.

It really is a very easy method of growing canna that can be done VERY simply and not labor-intensive at all.

Yeah...........I'm HIGH AF! So what? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
good read, that is good information. A friend of mine over on the Mendel site was telling me about these earthboxes, and his grow looked fantastic. I want to look into setting one up, do you have a source you recommend. So are you telling me that PH does not matter, have I been worrying about PH for nothing. Man I had some pretty severe battles (in my first 2 grows) with myself then over this very issue

good read, that is good information. A friend of mine over on the Mendel site was telling me about these earthboxes, and his grow looked fantastic. I want to look into setting one up, do you have a source you recommend. So are you telling me that PH does not matter, have I been worrying about PH for nothing. Man I had some pretty severe battles (in my first 2 grows) with myself then over this very issue
Check out @WildBill for earthbox knowledge…

Thank you!:bow: It looks like I need to do something. I can't even put kitchen knives in the dishwasher without them getting rust spots.
U need an RO system and maybe even a water softener in front of it
:yeahthat: I have both my house already had a whole house salt water softener and I installed a RO system AFTER the softener for the garden.. It helps prolong the life of the RO system

Since @Suki is back and catching up i wanna see how long it takes to hit quadruple digits on my notifications! :crying:
A4BE30FF-5913-4CAA-8562-71D28D4FA232.png

Alright peeps I will talk to you all later, I can see there is lots more shit I need to learn. When does one actually become comfortable with growing, I think im going into my third year now and I feel like im bleeding out knowledge more than I am gaining lol. Like I said it is nearly game time and Im not even liquored in the slightest yet, that WILL NOT stand! Peace out.

McDonald's has been running a commercial stating their Sausage and egg McMuffin tastes better than home made. Clearly they have never tasted mine :crying:

IMG_20230121_091605328.jpg

I scored at the farm market :woohoo1:

IMG_20230121_085226227.jpg

@RosaB a 40 pounder is perfect. Do you have acorn oaks where they range? You don't want to hunt them when they are eating acorns. It ruins the flavor of the meat. Where I used to hunt the farmer fed them peanuts (he grew in a field to attract them) and in the late spring when they had been rooting on them for a while we would harvest them. Hard to call it hunting more like a control. Damn good eating pig. It is illegal to bait feed animals to hunt here but if you are growing a crop well that is ok

I finally got everything for my meters, and a test kit for good measure.
View attachment 1557824
The tds meter was bouncing around between 308 and 310, and google says that is super hard water. Will that affect my grow? Maybe that's why the last cheese looked awful?:rolleyes1:
You will want to do something about that hard water. It has already been suggested to dilute 50/50 with DI or RO. This gets old fast. I recommend an RO system. If you pay for your tap water by the gallon you may still want to blend with your tap water as even the best RO systems will have waste water that can be an expensive waste?

This is the one I use and It has performed well. I use it mostly for water in my humidifier so the elements last longer and you don't get white powder all over everything in the tent.

2021-03-25_11-58-56.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back