Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a cool figure I never knew squat about him b4 I saw that movie they were talking about. He's kinda like the funk brothers band and Motown. Almost no one ever heard of them but a lot of shit at least I enjoy never would have happened without them. IIRC johnny says if you listen to some of his piano riffs you can hear what later became at least in part Chuck's famous guitar licks
My ears always picked out his play. It stood out to me.

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Caturday stoners.
a cool cat.png

I know what the heck am I doing up this early? Just could not sleep any longer. So I thought I may as well get off to the farm market and see if I can score some Lions Mane Mushrooms.

BBL

Don't watch of you have the munchies!!!

Man that's one beautiful car! You just don't see the cougars anymore I ALWAYS loved them along with the old cudda's. Honestly new cars just don't do jack shit for me. They old muscle cars man we had it made growing up. You'd buy them (for like 300 to 500 bucks)with some rust here or there pop rivet some tin on and Bondo it up. They were drop dead georeous, had balls to spare rode like a sofa and you could lift the hood and see the ground . I always loved the noses on the Pontiacs.
You'd buy a pole or a curb or a tree. Whip out like 500 and buy another ya just never thought it was gonna end.

Hahaha my buddy Willie was always a wiz with tranny's and rear ends . He built this one rear end that was just insane. It started in a tempest, totaled that dropped into a GTO, bought a pole and into another GTO which he sold when they revoked his lic indefinitely. Don't ask me how they matched up I'm no mechanic but he was Chrysler master tech still specializes in rear ends and tranny's. When no one else can do it Willie can.

Last edited:
Man that's one beautiful car! You just don't see the cougars anymore I ALWAYS loved them along with the old cudda's. Honestly new cars just don't do jack shit for me. They old muscle cars man we had it made growing up. You'd buy them (for like 300 to 500 bucks)with some rust here or there pop rivet some tin on and Bondo it up. They were drop dead georeous, had balls to spare rode like a sofa and you could lift the hood and see the ground . I always loved the noses on the Pontiacs.
You'd buy a pole or a curb or a tree. Whip out like 500 and buy another ya just never thought it was gonna end.

Hahaha my buddy Willie was always a wiz with tranny's and rear ends . He built this one rear end that was just insane. It started in a tempest, totaled that dropped into a GTO, bought a pole and into another GTO which he sold when they revoked his lic indefinitely. Don't ask me how they matched up I'm no mechanic but he was Chrysler master tech still specializes in rear ends and tranny's. When no one else can do it Willie can.

I always loved the looks of the older 'Cuddas and the AMX. My first car was a early 70's lemans wagon(hand me down family car) with a 405 under the hood, that boat would fly! And even with all that extra weight over the rear axle, you could put new tires on and burn them down to the threads in a afternoon out with your cohorts!

Good morning everyone! :smokeout:
I'm soooo tired, went on my first hog hunt last night. Cold, wet and muddy, but I got one!:woohoo:
It's going to take forever to catch up here :doh:

You'd buy a pole or a curb or a tree. Whip out like 500 and buy another ya just never thought it was gonna end
I was a bit disappointed it wasn't a 7l. .....But still a very rare and cool car.

I liked the truck the most. It was the Chevy version of what I learned to drive on, Dad's metallic brown 72 F-100, 3 on the tree, damn picky ass 360 FE. It ran great, but that carb and intake SUCKED........so did the distributor. Dad's engine guy had the carb too fat and it would carbon up and we'd fight pinging, why he made it fat......dummy! His old engine tuner died. I begged him for years to let me swap that stuff out. I even offered to BUY it and install it. Nope!:face:
I think part of it was that my cousin had a 70 shorty F100 with a little hopped up 302 and I'd want to run him. He knew his boy.:eyebrows::crying:

I KNOW he was envious of me when I got my 78 F100 with a 460. It didn't stay stock very long. Very fun truck!
If I had it today, it would still have the 460, not a throttle body injected, but fuel injected, sequential runner injected probally COPS with a dummy distributor drive shaft for the oil pump. A hot MSD set up just can't adjust well enough, as I could with full control of the COPS via an aftermarket computer control system. The tranny would be the newest 6sp heavy duty Tremmec.
Lower it with custom I-Beams or custom A-Arm set up......not stupid low, but just enough help handlind a bit and make it a bit more areo.
I could probably make it a reasonably fuel efficient, especially given its capability. I think I could hit 25mpg on the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back