Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plant pics are taken with some pretty serious macro gear. It is hard to get images like that with less specialized hardware. I do like playing with it when I have time, especially when I have some nice plants to photo. :pighug:
If I was still in the performance scene, I'd have top of the line photo and vid equipment. If I wasn't in ShadowLand, I'd have a YT channel or something like it. I'd have all the little 'toys'! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Has anyone tried growing without perlite in autopots or bottom fed systems?

I keep hearing how its bad and not advised but not seeing tests on it so...

Lets call this the test but i honestly just forgot to mix in perlite because i was cold in the garage mixing up the batch haha just peatmoss and garden lime.

Almost a month since i transplanted this clone and everytime i see her i ask myself about perlite so here i am asking again here :crying:
View attachment 1552675
no perlite as you can see
View attachment 1552676
So u can do less perlite but its more for aeration rather then drainage in a bottom feed situation! It helps keep soil from getting super compacted and choking out roots later in life! :d5:

If I was still in the performance scene, I'd have top of the line photo and vid equipment. If I wasn't in ShadowLand, I'd have a YT channel or something like it. I'd have all the little 'toys'! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sounds like we need a ranch in Oklahoma! ;) :d5::crying:

If nothing else we can supplement it by raising and selling cows to @Frank the Dank for his beef dishes! :headbang:

Til they become a steak dinner we train them to guard the outdoor canna plants! :eyebrows:
1672799860529.gif

So u can do less perlite but its more for aeration rather then drainage in a bottom feed situation! It helps keep soil from getting super compacted and choking out roots later in life! :d5:
Ya know, to expand on what you said, I really don't think that much applies to growing in Earthboxes, especially in a living media.
Just a random thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back