Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just smash the bag while it is sealed, no clumps now lol.

mc 1 part is my most used nute, great stuff! my only complaint is it goes airborne fast, so i open a tent up near by to suck away the cloud of MC lol
The problem with MC 1 part (and maybe the one part as well) is that different salts come in different sized pieces in the mix, and they tend to separate, the larger stuff moving up, and smaller stuff down. Trouble is, it is very difficult to make sure that the spoonful you use contains a balanced mix.

It seems to be a general problem with all dry ingredients unless you are starting with single salts. My Jack's nutes have the same issue, although the size variation of stuff is not as bad as it is with MC. I suspect that this issue is responsible for more than one compromised grow.

Bottom line seems to be, mix your dry stuff as well as possible before removing some for mixing, and mix as large a batch as works for you. Mixing large batches helps only if you remove the dry mix in a larger amounts, if you do it one spoon at a time, it will have limited affect IMO. :pighug:

Serous crazy surf and cross currents??? Rocky bottom anchor totally bound as your getting pounded towards the rocks??
nope, no anchoring involved, although there was a boat and an odd mooring setup. So, I'd say you are getting warmer...:biggrin:

You noticed the current, good catch. It goes by at ~7knots for much of a big tide cycle, quieting down for only an hour or so during slack tide. Bit of an interesting spot in a small boat. :pighug:

nope, no anchoring involved, although there was a boat and an odd mooring setup. So, I'd say you are getting warmer...:biggrin:

You noticed the current, good catch. It goes by at ~7knots for much of a big tide cycle, quieting down for only an hour or so during slack tide. Bit of an interesting spot in a small boat. :pighug:

oh, i know, i know! :jump: the answer is -> -> -> GODZILLA! :headbang: ppp

The problem with MC 1 part (and maybe the one part as well) is that different salts come in different sized pieces in the mix, and they tend to separate, the larger stuff moving up, and smaller stuff down. Trouble is, it is very difficult to make sure that the spoonful you use contains a balanced mix.

It seems to be a general problem with all dry ingredients unless you are starting with single salts. My Jack's nutes have the same issue, although the size variation of stuff is not as bad as it is with MC. I suspect that this issue is responsible for more than one compromised grow.

Bottom line seems to be, mix your dry stuff as well as possible before removing some for mixing, and mix as large a batch as works for you. Mixing large batches helps only if you remove the dry mix in a larger amounts, if you do it one spoon at a time, it will have limited affect IMO. :pighug:
i understand but i have had no issues with my autopots using the stuff and i thought i would salt build up issues after 130 days, nope.

I'm wanting to try jacks just to try something new but i may decide to just stick with MC 1part because it works and has not screwed me over yet unless i go over 2000ppm lol

I'm just waiting on the pump to get started :headbang:

20230113_171604.jpg

ok, no clue how u almost died, but -> i see em, i see em! :jump: :biggrin: ppp
Good for you for picking them out. Here is a bit closer view during breeding season:
Steller's.jpg

This is from Wikipedia, credits to: Wildland at Russian Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0. I have hundreds of my own photos, but not digital. Kodachrome era, long gone. One of these days I want to digitize the best of them, but have not yet done it.

The large beast is a mature male, maybe ~11 years old, the little one on top is a pup a month or so old, and the smaller one up front is a female anywhere between 5 to 20 years old. She looks as though she is still pregnant. All told, I spent about a thousand hours watching these beasts.

:pighug:
i understand but i have had no issues with my autopots using the stuff and i thought i would salt build up issues after 130 days, nope.

I'm wanting to try jacks just to try something new but i may decide to just stick with MC 1part because it works and has not screwed me over yet unless i go over 2000ppm lol
good on ya mate, I could not keep the girls healthy to the end with MC in Autopots. But I was a noob at it (arguably still am), so no doubt I could have done better. Anyway for now I am back to coco with top irrigation.

Jack's is really good stuff if you want to try it. You might be just as well off with MC 2 part though, the reason I didn't do that is that I could not get it in Canada in small enough quantities. I would not hesitate with either one. I will likely be trying to use up my other stuff and then stick with Jack's. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back